I am 39 yeare old male, a little over weight but overall healthy. I was having bad abdominal pain, especially during ejaculating and saw a Dr at a walk in clinic assuming it was a prostate infection as I have had them in the past. As a precaution she ordered std tests and a CT scan to test for diverticulitis. The CT scan came back negative but showed I was born with one kidney. The std tests came back negative for all except herpes. I was pretty sure I have hsv-1 since I’ve had cold sores 1-2× per year for many years but they also said i tested slightly positive for hsv-2 which is very concerning and confusing. I have only had sex once in the past 6 months and it was protected and no oral. The test results were as follows: herpes simplex I/II IGM .9 reference range <.9 Hsv I IgG 38.9 reference range <=.9 Hsv II IgG <.1. Reference range <=.9 HSV 1 IGM antibodies IFA. Detected A HSV 2 IgM antibodies IFA weakly detected I am very confused could you please tell me what it all says? Am I positive for hsv 2?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I was born with one kidney and tested slightly positive for hsv-2?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Are weak eyes, dry skin, grey hair and lack of concentration be signs of Alzheimer’s disease?
- I need second opinion on Hematology and Bio-Chemistry Report?
- My mom was diagnosed with meningiomas just a couple of days ago, is it safe for her to take a flight?
- I have pain on inspiration, worse on deep breathing coughing sneezing?
- Can low blood platelets cause pimple breakout?
- I’ve had bad headaches/migraines for years. Most of the time they’re gone within a day or two but a few times it’s lasted a couple months?
- Could a sharp pain on lower right side of abdomen be appendicitis?
- I have a mole on my neck it has gotten bigger over the last few months, it is sore to touch?
- In my sonography and color doppler study, doctor found multiple isoechoic nodules in my thyroid, please advise?
- I have been to a&e (accident and emergency center) back and lower stomach has been really painful
- I fell and hurt my back a year ago and now the pain is getting worse?
- I had two polyps removed one was benign and the other one was a simple hyperplasia with a focal atypia?
- Male patient suffering from MDS without blast cells and doctor suggested revolade 50 mg daily for 1 month
- I have taken a Second Generation FIT Colon Cancer Screening Test, but I still feel something’s not right?
- I have been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis from 3 years ago and i tried different medications, please advise?
- I have had a cough for the last 5 months now, doctors don’t know why?
- I am 65 years old with chronic prostatitis (since 1988) and a 5mm unobstructed kidney stone?
- I have fever of 103 with stiffness in jaw and neck?
- I had breast reduction surgery today, I had an episode of arrhythmia with my heart stopping?
- I recently had a case of Syphilis and was treated with 3 dozes of 2.4 million units of Benzathine Penicill?in
- I have visited cardiologist and took ECG and the result is normal but still have pain?
- MRI shows there is an avulsion fracture in atfl of my left ankle, please advise?
- Stomach aches/cramps with hard infrequent stool should I get checked for C. difficile?
- I have had very dry, often red chapped and sometimes swollen lips for about 2 years?
- I have a yeast infection but it won’t go away despite all the prescription I have?
- I had my hormones results today and the prolactin levels were high can it be an pituitary adenoma?
- I have been taking Lo Loestrin Fe for about 5 months now, is my body rejecting it?
- I had a test for my thyroid – here are results, what should I do next?
- I have had a pain in my mouth on the bottom left inner cheek, near my gums. Its swollen, white and it bleeds?
- I almost passed out three times, diagnosed with acute bronchitis need second opinion?