male adult age 42, bipolar, sudden partial vision loss,after seeing something explained as 2 shooting stars one day in his eye and next day a terrible headache thirteenth day had grayish rainbow arch like line in his vision. after seeing eye doc was informed he had a stroke that effected his eye(right retinal artery branch occlusion) and now has permanent eye damage, followed up with family doc, did blood work and had ultra sound of heart and carotid arteries followed up with neurologist. who informed him he had some minor narrowing in arteries and they do not feel he had a stroke and order more test and was told not to worry put him on aspirin and cholesterol med cause that was little high. also has unexplained facial dropping on one side that comes and goes. mri and cat scan order only get tests in about two weeks. After going and getting test results from doctors find out that they suspect occlusion of right internal carotid artery , elevated velocities constint with 50 -69% stenosis in left internal carotid artery and 10 -49%stenosis of external carotid arteries bilaterally. also is to follow up with neuro in 4 weeks. Is it just me or is this neurologist doc dropping the ball. Should he go see another .
Medical Questions – Crowdsourcing
Search for an answer
- I’ve been having progressive symptoms for almost 2 years now doctors don’t know what’s wrong?
- Can transplant be considered for someone whose kidneys have not yet failed?
- I have started waking up at night coughing up fluid and feeling like “drowning “?
- Concerned about my daughter’s recent blood work?
- I donated plasma the other day my vein is now hard and hurts and I’m getting bad headaches?
- My son had his aortic valve replaced with a mechanical one last year. His L 4-5 disk just went out yesterday?
- I have sinus problems even when I get a cold my nose always remain dry?
- My daughter has these bumps on her arm and I can’t seem to figure out what it is?
- A year ago I found a large lump top of my right breast?
- I was admitted to ICU in a hospital Diagnosis: VBI, BPPV, need second opinion?
- I had breast reduction, my doctor took 550 g from right and 450g from left breast?
- I’ve been coughing up blood today?
- I’ve been having some trouble breathing through my nose?
- I have developed a tremor in my left hand concerned that this is a progression of something that went not diagnosed?
- I have a fracture on my left hand finger while I was playing football?
- I had a epidural for pain today in my lumbar I have started to feel worse?
- My children have got MEASLES?
- I’m a 44 year old woman with very swollen stomach has been like this for 4 months?
- I woke up on Sunday morning with an awful metallic taste in my mouth?
- My daughter has not had a voice for 9 weeks only a whisper?
- Surgery all set to go tomorrow 8 AM. Problem I forgot to take the eye drops until 4pm today?
- I’m a 32 year old male. I had a UTI just over a year?
- I have been diagnosed with three kidney stone?
- I really want to start having children but don’t want to rely on birth control to regulate my cycle?
- I have struggled with a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), been on antibiotics 3 times?
- My husband has been coughing up phlegm with bright red blood?
- My mother is in extreme pain for a detached rotator cuff but suffers from heart problems and taking medication?
- I have suffered from severe headaches and migraines for years?
- My husband experiencing intense foul smelling night sweats?
- High thyroid level, is surgery or nuclear medicine better?
- I contracted a spinal infection and 3 operations later I have been left with a damaged spine?
- I was recently in the ER for a bad infection, concerned about atrophic liver?
- I was told my ongoing chest pain is not cardiac related, need second opinion?
- I had a minor heart attack/myocardial infarction?
- Can you help me read my MRI arthrogram?
- Hi I have a 15 year old son that has a lump in his armpit could this be lymphoma?
- I have been diagnosed with tuberculosis disease, but me and my family doubts this diagnosis?
- Two years ago I was diagnosed with Colon cancer?
- I used ultra chloraseptic spray on my 7 year old daughter?
- Surgeon said he had to take cartilage out from my jaw?
- Can I take Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) tablets while having a contraception implant?
- I have had raised bumps on my face for years now?
- Just had 3 root canals at the dentist, now I have lots of pain?
- I take Prilosec 20mgs (OTC) and have taken this daily for over 10 yrs straight?
- I have multiple diseases like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, fybromyalgia?
- I had 8 negative pregnancy tests and then 1 positive?
- I’ve fainted 3 times in almost a 3 year span, does not drinking enough water cause that?
- My right leg gets numb (asleep)after 5 minutes of standing, need second opinion?
- Sometimes my vision in my left eye goes away, doctors have tried everything?
- Could psoriatic arthritis be a more systemic problem leading to multiple seemingly separate problems to include PACs, prostate/urologic, and multiple areas of tendonitis without strain or injury?
Call your local emergency service (911) or go to a hospital…
The American College of Emergency Physicians considers the following as warning signs of a medical emergency:
Bleeding that will not stop
Breathing problems (difficulty breathing, shortness of breath)
Change in mental status (such as unusual behavior, confusion, difficulty arousing)
Coughing up or vomiting blood
Feeling of committing suicide or murder
Head or spine injury
Severe or persistent vomiting
Sudden injury due to a motor vehicle accident, burns or smoke inhalation, near drowning, deep or large wound, etc.
Sudden, severe pain anywhere in the body
Sudden dizziness, weakness, or change in vision
Swallowing a poisonous substance
Upper abdominal pain or pressure
If you’re not sure if you or someone is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 and the trained dispatcher will help advise you. It is better to be safe and let the 911 call taker determine if you need emergency assistance. Always err on the side of caution. When in doubt, call.