Ever since I was about 12 when I stand up my body contorts for a few seconds. It only happens when I stand up and start walking. Or if I’m standing still and then move suddenly. When its at it’s worst, I stand up and walk then the left side of my body kind of… contorts. It starts at my foot. My toes will curl then my ankle bends inward. My hip juts out and then my wrist curls inward and my fingers spread apart and they curl. Then my left cheek will tighten as if I am snarling and my eye will twitch. It only lasts for about 10 seconds but it is very embarrassing in public. I have learned that if I stand up and then stay in place for a few seconds it wont happen. I can feel it “flaring up” and then it passes. If it goes to the full contortion and I try to walk it off it’s worse and my arm will kind of flap around. And if I try to speak my speech is slurred. can barely hide it from people in public when it does I have to bend over and pretend im tying my shoe so they wont see my arms and face spasm. i have no idea what problem could be any help will be appreciated.
Medical Questions – Crowdsourcing
Search For An Answer
- I have hormonal imbalance, I was diagnosed when I was a teenager?
- I have central posterior disc herniation with annular tear?
- I began to have pain in my left hip, across my stomach and in my left groin?
- I broke my tibia and fibula in a snow blade accident, fibula seems displaced?
- I experienced a sudden tingling on my lips and in my gums, is it Guillain Barre syndrome?
- Was diagnosed by the doctors as “Periproctic abscess over 9 o’clock in SSL”?
- I’ve just turned 40 and have advanced glaucoma started having confused episodes?
- Several months ago, my lower left leg (shin area) began to hurt?
- I have low grade fever, that persists for 3 to even 6 months I cannot lead a normal life?
- I’m afraid I can’t carry out my pregnancy, what should I do?
- I’ve been ill for the past seven weeks, need a second doctor opinion?
- Suffering from staph (Staphylococcus) aureus how do I get cured from this deadly infection?
- I’ve been sick for over a year now not being able to do basic human things?
- Severe lower back pain for the last six months, need second opinion?
- High blood pressure for at least past week Two episodes of blurred vision?
- I had laryngitis cough sore throat and fever and I’m having lots of vertigo episodes?
- Since late last year, l have been complaining about my loss of appetite and consequently loss of weight?
- I have hashimotos. Am i going to have heart problems within few years?
- Getting joint pains after the pregnancy?
- For 2-3 years I have had blood in my stools?
- I broke my left clavicle in a mountain biking accident about 3 years ago?
- I was choked, now have difficulty swallowing, soar throat and feel pressure?
- I’ve been diagnosed with anemia?
- Orthopedic doctor claimed surgery is the only solution for shoulder problem, need second opinion?
- I start feeling strange with chest tightness and shortness of breath and sometimes wheezing?
- I’ve had 2 knee operations, knee feels like loose?
- Lately I have a very funny feeling in my chest almost like a soft shock?
- I got spinal meningitis which affected my legs and hands with a lot of Edema to where I could not even walk?
- I have an overactive bladder, need advice?
- My fallopian tubes are blocked do you recommend I freeze my eggs?
- When I stand up my body contorts for a few seconds?
- I have a nasal cyst which is caused by my teeth I can’t really breath?
- My mother is suffering from a medical condition of displacement in back bone?
- I have problem breathing and its progressing?
- Small thrombus in distal right pulmonary artery should i start taking Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)?
- I’m having multiple problems after having my neck fusion of 5, 6, 7?
- I have fibromyalgia and I have flare ups all the time?
- I am a 26 year old female who has ADHD and OCD, adderall is causing some problems?
- After being attacked and suffering with a subconjunctival hemorrhage i dont know what to do?
- My blood work showed inflammation. I have Crohn’s disease do I need steroids?
- Lost some hearing (at about 40%) in my left ear will this become permanent?
- I am having a medical problem that has not been solved as of yet?
- I have swelling of the paratoid gland, face is noticeably swollen on the right side?
- I have had a pain in my lower left quadrant of my stomach?
- I have been diagnosed with PCOS, need second opinion?
- I have heavy pain in both side of my head that causes dizziness, sometimes in my back and neck?
- Do I require surgery ?
- I had Carpal tunnel syndrome surgery, still feel numbness?
- New born 1 month old nephew is suffering from feet gangrene doctor want to amputate toes?
- I’ve recently gone to the dentist and said they found oral cancer?
Call your local emergency service (911) or go to a hospital…
The American College of Emergency Physicians considers the following as warning signs of a medical emergency:
Bleeding that will not stop
Breathing problems (difficulty breathing, shortness of breath)
Change in mental status (such as unusual behavior, confusion, difficulty arousing)
Coughing up or vomiting blood
Feeling of committing suicide or murder
Head or spine injury
Severe or persistent vomiting
Sudden injury due to a motor vehicle accident, burns or smoke inhalation, near drowning, deep or large wound, etc.
Sudden, severe pain anywhere in the body
Sudden dizziness, weakness, or change in vision
Swallowing a poisonous substance
Upper abdominal pain or pressure
If you’re not sure if you or someone is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 and the trained dispatcher will help advise you. It is better to be safe and let the 911 call taker determine if you need emergency assistance. Always err on the side of caution. When in doubt, call.