I suffer from extreme blood pressure problems, how can I get my BP down?

I suffer from extreme blood pressure problems. I now have 198 over 72 but cannot get it down. I went to an ER and there they gave me a Nitroglycerin patch which helped reduce it to 180. Doctor prescribed Coversyl 5 – 2.5 but it doesn’t seem to work. I have had heart surgery with valve.

Age: 52
Medications: Coversyl, Coumadin

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Dr. Javez Ernesto
11:17 am

I think you need to reevaluate your medication. Speak to your Doctor about other options. Ideally, you should be on 3 medications: Coversyl plus Concor and Amlodipine 5/10 mg (or Cilnidipine). Another option is using Telmisartan 80 mg or Losartan 100 mg instead of Coversyl. Getting your BP down is important. You need to work with your Doctor to find the combination that works best for you.

8:45 am

How long did it stay like for ? How did u feel? When I’m having a panic attack it’ll get up to 163/100 and I start freakin out thinking I’m about to die but it goes back down

2:49 am

Everything I have read indicates that sodium (salt) which is added to almost all food is a major culprit. What seems to never be discussed is that potassium counteracts the effect of salt on blood pressure and something on the order of 90% of people are potassium deficient. I am not a doctor, but I would have my potassium level tested and add potassium through my diet and try potassium chloride table salt instead of ‘regular’ table salt. The RDA for potassium is 4700mg. Food producers have apparently begun replacing and supplementing with potassium chloride so this is promising as… Read more »