Hi, on the 29th of August, I decided to tackle a heap of clothes that had been in a broken washing machine for several months, some probably as much as six months, and retrieved about a half a dozen items, which were covered in dry and dusty mould. I washed them twice, which resulted in a pair of trousers being reduced to rags, the rest were able to be saved. I later read that mould can be dangerous (which I didn’t know), and am worried about my health, as I smelled them before washing them, and I am highly intolerant to odours, such as detergents, although I have no allergies. Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me? Is there a danger to me? I have not tackled the remaining massive amount of clothes; can they still be washed or should I throw them away, give the dangerousness of mould? Thank you. I am 62 years old, male, have hypothyroidism, normally healthy.
Medications: Levothyroxine sodium.