My grandfather (71 years old ) was the victim of a medical mistake?

My grandfather (71 years old ) was the victim of a medical mistake as doctors has given him wrong medicines that decreased so much the potassium and sodium in his blood making his walking hard but now they are giving him the cure or correction he is getting better as he can walk alone with the walker but how much does it take to go completely away , to regain his strengths?

This Question Is Open to Answers -Post Your Comment Below

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Ayman Darrag
6:39 am

Hi and welcome to question doctors .com
Electrolytes replacement therapy usually is a short period treatment that does not take lot of time..but your GRandpa may need some rehabilitation and physical therapy to regain muscle strength and activity…
Please inform if there is other medical history and problems so I can give you a full answer..

2:37 pm

Thank you Dr Ayman for answering well as a medical history he has diabetes and went to the hospital after a swelling in his body that increased the creatinine and for medication doctors gave him cortisone (that cured him) but it decresed the potassium and sodium in his body.And now he’s getting physical therapy and medication.I just want to know your full answer please.

Ayman Darrag
7:27 am

Great then do not worry he will recover soon. With physiotherapy and keeping sugar at level..
Taking replacement electrolyte therapy …
All these together will help him

Work on psychological counseling and encouragement it works well at this age and stage …
Speedy recovery wishes