My son is a 32 yr old 6′ 2″ 195 lb seemingly healthy man EXCEPT sometimes when he eats within the first bite of food his throats will block up. It will constrict causing pain but relax. Sometimes after a minute or more the food will work it’s way down and he can continue to eat but on many occasions the food will not go down. He can not eat or drink anything as nothing will pass he then will have to make himself throw up to dislodge the food. But will not then be able to eat for a long while. This might happen15-20 times a month. He has tried drinking before he eats but makes no difference. He has had the problem for about 8 years. Because of no insurance he has not tried medical treatment. As his mother, I am very concerned for his health. There doesn’t seem to be any particular food that triggers the problem.
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have numerous small stones, is removing gallbladder necessary?
- I have a 4-5cm lump on upper arm / bicep, is it really a cyst?
- I’ve had a bump on my eyelid for over a week, is this cancer?
- Suffering from umbilical hernia that is reducible, should I be alarmed?
- After oral sex I have flu like symptoms, can it be HIV?
- My MRI seems to indicate a PONS abnormality, is the case or is MRI showing UBOs ?
- I contracted some food borne disease, can e-coli or salmonella poisoning be causing UTI? Or antibiotics?
- I’ve been experiencing an itchy crawling sensation on my body, is it caffeine?
- I suffer from Hair Loss (Hair Fall), is it AGA or Ferritin induced ?
- I suffer from irregular heartbeats, severe headache in back side of head..a state of fear?
- Can a small pigmented spot on the head of a penis be a sign of a medical problem?
- I have had traces of blood in my urine, but blood tests are ok?
- I’ve started to get heart palpitations and food makes me nauseous?
- Rashes are spreading throughout my body, is it ringworm?
- Can a corticosteroid shot to treat arthritis have side effects?
- I have a ankle fracture, do I need surgery?
- I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and vision in left eye, is it a brain tumor?
- Fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae, rods have fractured, will they need to be replaced?
- I have had elevated liver enzymes, is there a problem with my liver?
- I broke out in hives and itchy, swollen purple like skin, is this a consequence of my low blood test results?
- I have this sore on my neck on my hair line, is it skin cancer?
- Can a back injury cause kidney failure?
- I had a benign breast tumor removed, is it possible for the tumor to have returned?
- Can bruising on the chest be caused from a tubation on an anemic person after surgery?
- Thought I had a miscarriage, ultrasound showed that I didn’t, please advise?
- Considering my symptoms and tests, do I still have IGT (Impaired glucose tolerance)?
- This is an ultrasound of my baby’s spine. How does the spine look to you?
- I suffered a meniscal tear, can I start training again?
- My girl friend and I are blood relations, can we have children without risk?
- I had a flu shot, I’m not sure if the flu shot made me sicker?