My son is a 32 yr old 6′ 2″ 195 lb seemingly healthy man EXCEPT sometimes when he eats within the first bite of food his throats will block up. It will constrict causing pain but relax. Sometimes after a minute or more the food will work it’s way down and he can continue to eat but on many occasions the food will not go down. He can not eat or drink anything as nothing will pass he then will have to make himself throw up to dislodge the food. But will not then be able to eat for a long while. This might happen15-20 times a month. He has tried drinking before he eats but makes no difference. He has had the problem for about 8 years. Because of no insurance he has not tried medical treatment. As his mother, I am very concerned for his health. There doesn’t seem to be any particular food that triggers the problem.
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- When I have sex with my partner, I don’t have orgasms?
- I have a constant pain in my right groin area which radiates to my inner thigh?
- Low grade fever and high bp since January, swollen lymph nodes since march?
- My husband woke up with a two puncture wound, 2mm big, that looks like fang marks?
- I had unprotected sex and the next morning I had a couple vaginal sores?
- A hooker performed unprotected oral sex on me?
- I used Epsom salt in a foot bath a week ago to treat my ingrown toenail?
- I felt like vomiting, but I thought that it was because of the fatigue?
- Suffering from shortness of breath associated with high blood pressure?
- I have had an increasing level of pain. Localized on the back left side of my head?
- My toe has turned black, what is wrong?
- What happens when you lose sensation to have bowel movement?
- Feeling pain in her upper arm (left)
- Waking up at 1:00am with chills that last about an hour?
- I was wearing adult diapers to keep my bed dry?
- What is a good product to increase libido?
- What could be the cause of the heavy bleeding and clotting?
- I am leaking semen constantly all day and night and can’t stop?
- For the past 2 weeks I’ve had painful burning sensation?
- I have been diagnosed with Sjogrens, Raynauds and radiculopathy?
- I have this irritated sudden itch that lasts a second?
- I recently had a blister on my middle finger caused by what I thought was eczema?
- I noticed I had this small dark warts/bumps?
- Last week my whole body ached, fatigued, mild abdominal pain, 6-8 bowel movements a day and no appetite?
- Will my bone be affected by such an impact?
- I had a miscarriage on Jan. 2 2018?
- Could it be rectal prolapse?
- I recently bought an essential oil scar massager, is it possible that I just exposed myself to someone’s MRSA or worse?
- Is it save to have sex with a pulmonary embolism?
- I’m worried since then I might have contracted hiv or other stds?