Hello! I am a veteran who has beta thalassemia minor, which lowers my body’s ability to carry oxygen efficiently. I have a consistently low hemoglobin count and I also recently developed asthma as a result of being exposed to burn pits while on deployment to Afghanistan. Due to the combination of these conditions, I suffer from bouts of fatigue every few weeks and shortness of breath when attempting exercise or manual labor. I would like to have a medical professional confirm that these two things, while unrelated, are possibly amounting to the more severe results of my fatigability. I am seeing a hematologist for my thalassemia, but she has told me that she won’t connect the two, as she is not a pulmonary specialist. I would like to get in touch with someone who feels comfortable with both aspects of my medical situation and would possibly give me documentation that outlines how these two things could interact in my case. Thank you so much for your help!
Home › Medical Questions › I am a veteran who has beta thalassemia minor and asthma while in deployment in Afghanistan?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I was recently in the hospital for a kidney infection?
- Back pain on off for couple of years. Gristle feeling along lumber spine?
- Suffering with a lump in throat feeling for 6 months, I thought I had throat cancer?
- I’ve had nausea/stomach cramps, fatigue and occasionally a low grade fever for 4 days?
- I have “tennis elbow” thinking of using Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)?
- Period is late but the two pregnancy tests I have taken have shown to be negative?
- My legs get very cold, much colder that in the past and only when I lie in bed?
- Blood on bathroom toilet seat, what can be the cause?
- Terrible pain in lower back had xray done, what can be done to improve my condition?
- I have this mole on my face left cheek that is growing?
- I noticed a pea sized lump in front of my left ear?
- I found a lump at the bottom of my back that is small, pink and brown around the edges?
- I have this rash, what is it?
- I have blood in my urine, is it cancer?
- Is Sildenafil safe to take with Isentress, Norvir and Reyataz?
- Ultrasound of my kidneys provides different results, please advise?
- Suffering from a terrible pain in lower back that lasts a second or two, please advise?
- I have been trying to have a baby for 10 years, please advise?
- I have a nickel sized lump that is very painful and itchy?
- Chronic pain and tingling sensation in both legs, please advise?
- My husband is forgetting things, is it alzheimer’s?
- I have bad swelling in my legs and feet, will my swelling be alleviated if a biventricular pacemaker is put in?
- I have a major acne problem, what should I do?
- I have a lump on my eyelid, what is it?
- I developed neuropathy in my feet, right foot primarily, burning, tingling, please advise?
- Can an xray and MRI miss a bone tumor?
- I’m 4 months postpartum with first baby and have joint pain?
- I have severe narcolepsy as well as CFIDS, need second opinion?
- Did a health test analysis should I worry about my results?
- I slipped and fell l broke my femur in three places?