Hello! I am a veteran who has beta thalassemia minor, which lowers my body’s ability to carry oxygen efficiently. I have a consistently low hemoglobin count and I also recently developed asthma as a result of being exposed to burn pits while on deployment to Afghanistan. Due to the combination of these conditions, I suffer from bouts of fatigue every few weeks and shortness of breath when attempting exercise or manual labor. I would like to have a medical professional confirm that these two things, while unrelated, are possibly amounting to the more severe results of my fatigability. I am seeing a hematologist for my thalassemia, but she has told me that she won’t connect the two, as she is not a pulmonary specialist. I would like to get in touch with someone who feels comfortable with both aspects of my medical situation and would possibly give me documentation that outlines how these two things could interact in my case. Thank you so much for your help!
Home › Medical Questions › I am a veteran who has beta thalassemia minor and asthma while in deployment in Afghanistan?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Pressure inside my head almost like something might burst?
- I need your opinion on A1C?
- I had a knee operation 13 months ago?
- I am detoxing from alcohol?
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?
- I want a pill that will make me stay harder for longer?
- Can Botox be used to treat an Overactive bladder (OAB)?
- How can I get rid of edema without medications?
- Why do so many suicides fail before the age of 25?
- Husband and wife in terrible car crash – worst case scenario?
- My blood test results indicate Positive ANA, what does that result mean exactly?
- I have red spots on only my right lower gum line?
- How effective is Tarceva for cancer?
- Do I have a rash on my breast or are they glands of some kind?