I had a surgical abortion, I have concerns about my future fertility?

I have concerns about my future fertility and hope you can shed some light on my concerns. I am 20 years old and when I was 14 had a surgical abortion when I was just over 11 weeks gone. I have concerns that I may have scar tissue in the uterus due to minimal periods but lately different period pains. After having the abortion I had an implant put in and after that had a second implant which I have recently had removed about 1 month ago. Of course my body is still adjusting but something tells me something isn’t right. My period came exactly 1 week after the removal of my implant and lasted about 5 days which was fairly light. And exactly when my next period was due, it came on time but again very light. Please could you help me understand what may be wrong due to previous operation and having light periods. Thank you.


Doctor Answers And General Comments : (both members and visitors can post)

4 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
Dr.HoneyDr MasrDr Ahmed FawzyDr. Ayman Darrag Recent comment authors
Notify of
Dr. Ayman Darrag
Dr. Ayman Darrag

In my opinion, this is not a cause if real concern, it is not going to influence your fertility, having a light period does not mean a sign of infertility , you could be having anemia ,hence, I recommend a CBC , USG for uterus and both ovaries..

Dr Ahmed Fawzy
Dr Ahmed Fawzy

Light period is not related to the previous
Abortion, implants can cause light periods for almost a year due to hormonal imbalance, I recommend doing a uterus ultrasound to be sure
Good Luck

Dr Masr
Dr Masr

I think u are perfectly well, it’s on time
So no worries
If u r really anxious .. do hormonal blood testing and vaginal US to check the ovulation
How many pads do u use each time?


Thanks for the query..

It is a good sign that your periods are normal and regular..
Scanty periods are not due to some abnormality but can be normal..
If you have any doubt you can consult a Gynaecologist and get evaluated so that a proper hormonal profile can be done followed by Transvaginal ultrasound to evaluate the reproductive system..

Hope this helps..