I have had a cough for the last 5 months now, doctors don’t know why?

I have had a cough for the last 5 months now. Had 10+ visits to yhe Gp being sent away with different answers from all of them.

All wrong answers I feel as clearly something is wrong

I get breathless really easily, which results in coughing, then vomiting from coughing there is often blood that comes up when I cough but no one is listening to me

One doctor did finally listen and got me an X-ray, however it didn’t show anything well nothing significant however i am still bad, it’s not just when I move around either although that makes it work I could just be sat there breath the wrong way, or yawn and it triggers a coughing fit

I have been referred somewhere but not sure what this is for or if it’s going to help I’ve really had enough and looking for some advice?

Medications: Monteklust, ventolin, deluxotine, also preventor inhaler unsure of name


Cardiologists – Cosmetic Surgeons – Dermatologists – Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists – Gastroenterologists – Gynecologists/Obstetricians – Neurologists – Oncologists – Orthopedic surgeons – Pediatricians – Psychiatrists – Pulmonologists – Urologists

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Dr.Honey Arora
4:25 pm

I do not think that the symptoms are just normal and you should consult a Pulmonologist for further confirmation..
Your symptoms can be most probably related to either lung issue or Cardiac issues..
So it is better to get checked as early as possible..


Ahmed Fawzy
9:28 pm

Latest research assume that idiopathic chronic cough can be caused by either autoimmune disease or sever stress, other causes can be asthma or acid reflux, after the number of doctors you consulted I will assume we can role out last two cause, so this leaves us with first consulting a rheumatologist, if nothing wrong then a psychiatrist
Good luck, hope I helped

Ayman Darrag
11:32 am

Your symptoms points clearly to bronchial athma , and it has triggers that you need to observe and get tested for so you can overcome this …
A steroid inhaler can be helpful ..
Avoid taking ventolin if it increases your heart rate,also i think there is a bit relation to anxeity trigger in yoir case..
So you need to see a good pulmonologist and may be a psychiatrist too..