I hurt my lower back, now I am hunched over and it seems that my ab muscles have changed?

32 year old male, no medical conditions, no medications.

I hurt my lower back by tweaking it; I was laying on my back and caught a slow falling object, maybe 80 lbs (a door) and it tweaked my back the wrong way. I went to a chiropractor and he fixed me up after two sessions but told me to take it easy for a few weeks.

Well… I was feeling good so did some manual labor, and while sitting on the toilet the next morning… man– pain. The pain is not as bad as it was… but now I am hunched over and it seems that my ab muscles have changed so it looks like I have a gut. Can’t quite stand up straight… and when I finally do, if I have to sit down, i start from square one again.

Any ideas

This Question Is Open to Answers -Post Your Comment Below

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Ayman Darrag
7:17 am

Hi and welcome to question doctors.com
It seems you may have a muscle strain in your back muscles ..the chiropractor has adjusted your vertebrae which soothed the pain for a while ..but the muscles are injured..I recommend doing ice packs and an hot packs on the pin site..rest then deep friction massage..this may need to be assessed by an orthopedist ..

Nouran Maamdouh
3:38 pm

You should better get a x-ray as this may have harmed your vertebrae.
If there is any pain in your lowerlimbs it should be followed by MRI .

Ahmed Fawzy
12:11 pm

From your discription its seems u have herniated your abdominal muscles
U should check if u need a surgery