My 15 year old daughter has Tricuspid valve regurgitation. We have been experiencing consistent nausea with no vomiting with an onset of a headache be the end of the day. Usually the nausea lasts for 3 to 4 days. We have had this happened once in October for a week, then twice in November. However it has gotten worse in December. She has had nausea now for 7 days, however now she gets excessive sweating, fatigue, occasional sore throat, achy chest pains, arm pain, or back pain, and loss of balance. On the 19th of December she experienced hand tremors, bad chest and arm pain, and fatigue. I took her to ER, and they performed an EKG and xray on her heart, everything was normal. She was further diagnosed in ER with Rhumatic fever. Since then we have been battling the above mentioned symptoms, however its daily and to the point where she is missing school. Her pediatrician gave her Zofran for nausea but it doesn’t give any relief. Last time she went to dr. on January 3 she lost weight as well. Blood work as done to rule out thyroid problems and to check for inflammation from rhumatic fever. Blood work was normal. Her dr. feels the symptoms are due to migraine headaches. She does get headaches with the nausea but not every time. Can Migraines cause all these symptoms? Especially since they are now ongoing?
Home › Medical Questions › General › My 15 year old daughter has Tricuspid valve regurgitation, nausea getting worse?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I hit my head. No signs of concussion but still sensitive, please advise?
- I got a nasty blister on my foot and I swelled up?
- I was diagnosed with Type A influenza with bronchial thickening, is this anything to be worried about?
- I have a lump in my breast, is it cancer?
- Is it safe to take both Tylenol Acetaminophen and Aleve Naproxen at the same time?
- Pain in stomach when I eat, is it something serious?
- I have been diagnosed with clinical depression what are the best anti-depression medications?
- I have acne breakouts and head pain, is this caused by menopause?
- I am pregnant, is it twins and are my thyroid levels normal?
- I have a scaly rash on my chest, need a second opinion?
- I have a black toenail, what could cause it and what could be done?
- Woke up with chills and fever, is it due to flu shot?
- Can prednisone cause my vision to get blurred?
- Is this an ingrown hair or something more serious?
- Is it the same virus that causes sores inside and outside the mouth?
- Lab results show high total iron and % saturation, please advise?
- I have slowly lost my taste and smell, what has caused this?
- I tore my frenulum and started to bleed, do I need stitches?
- I am scared of getting a blood test, what should I do?
- I am suffering from hair loss but I’m only 19 years old, is that normal?
- I had a steroid injection, when will I feel improvement?
- Can a plan B contraception mess up your cycle?
- I have been losing weight lately without dieting, what can be the problem?
- I have been having body wide muscle twitching, is it ALS Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis?
- I had a UTI received antibiotic for severe kidney infection?
- My 12 year old girl isn’t feeling well?
- I have headaches that last between 1 to 2 days?
- Uncontrollable shaking of the body from the neck down?
- I have a spot on my face, can this be skin cancer?
- I’m trying to have a baby with my wife, here’s lab report?