About 5 weeks ago my 40 lb son fell on my left foot. It hurt minimally and after a few days it was only slightly swollen on the place he landed and almost no bruising. The pain level was that of a deep bruise. After a few weeks I flew out of state for a family funeral. At night when I would take off my shoes, my foot had a deep ache, but I could still stand, walk and there was still little outward sign of damage. On the way home my foot began to hurt significantly and I started to get a small patch at the tip of my toe that felt tingly. It hurt to walk on the full part of my foot, but I could walk on my heel. At this point some light yellowish bruises had shown up along the inside of my left food, on the big toe on the bottom and along the front and back of the toes. The swelling increased. I had an x-ray done and it showed no broken bones. I could still walk on the heel but could not put weight on the entire foot. I decided to just try to stay off of it as much as possible and got some crutches. I elevated and iced and did some heat and soaking with epsom salts. Then I slipped three times slightly in one day and engaged the muscles on the foot abruptly. This didn’t cause immense pain but it swelled and the tingling spread. When the foot hangs down it looks dark in color, kind of a red-ish purple but it goes away sometimes and especially when elevated. The tingling goes away if I don’t move the foot but if I slip at all the yellow bruising returns and so does the tingling. I am assuming my next step is an MRI but my question is if there is any danger to trying a boot first? The MRI will not be covered by insurance and I am happy to continue to elevate and rest it if this is enough. It seems like every time it gets slightly better even the slightest movement is sending me backwards so I was thinking the boot would help. However, I don’t want to make the situation worse.
Home › Medical Questions › About 5 weeks ago my 40 lb son fell on my left foot, I had an x-ray done and it showed no broken bones?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?
- I’ve got candida, seemingly yeast infection in urinary tract?
- For spider bites. when they bite. do they just draw blood, or are they also injecting venom?
- I am planning for an hGH treatment with the goal to repair the various healthy tissue, and build up the appearance of the skin?
- My face is pale almost white compared to my tanned body?
- Six months ago my new GP put me on the anticoagulant Rivaroxaban?
- I started spotting on August 1st 4 days before my period?
- Can you explain this report of CT SCAN of part of the brain?
- I have low blood readings of red blood cells?
- Can I give my 4 year old daughter Children’s Allegra Allergy fexofenadine?
- I’ve noticed my hair thinning at the center of the top of my scalp?
- Mouth culture test report?
- One of my tonsils is swollen i have some kind of white patches on the side of my tongue?
- Effect of Isopropyl alcohol in gastrointestinal tract?