I have had numerous symptoms for a longtime including chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression, and digestive issues. My Dr.prescribed me a medication that coated my stomach to help with mild gastritis. I started feeling way way worse. I read that it could block magnesium absorption. So I stopped taking it and started taking magnesium. Instantly I felt amazingly better. Everything was gone, except for loose stools. I feltlike anormal person again. I was taking fairly large doses of 2,000 mg. It seemed that after a couple weeks; the magnesium would build up and I would have some ill effects, which resembled those of a deficiency. I would go off it for a couple days then go back on, and I would be good again. I have been doing this for 6 months. It seems like my health is completely dependent upon taking magnesium.This really worries me, because I would like the problem to be fixed. My questions are is it normal to take this long to correct a deficiency? and Is there another issue that should be looked at regarding the deficiency? Thank you for your time….male 34
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Rashes are spreading throughout my body, is it ringworm?
- Can a corticosteroid shot to treat arthritis have side effects?
- I have a ankle fracture, do I need surgery?
- I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and vision in left eye, is it a brain tumor?
- Fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae, rods have fractured, will they need to be replaced?
- I have had elevated liver enzymes, is there a problem with my liver?
- I broke out in hives and itchy, swollen purple like skin, is this a consequence of my low blood test results?
- I have this sore on my neck on my hair line, is it skin cancer?
- Can a back injury cause kidney failure?
- I had a benign breast tumor removed, is it possible for the tumor to have returned?
- Can bruising on the chest be caused from a tubation on an anemic person after surgery?
- Thought I had a miscarriage, ultrasound showed that I didn’t, please advise?
- Considering my symptoms and tests, do I still have IGT (Impaired glucose tolerance)?
- This is an ultrasound of my baby’s spine. How does the spine look to you?
- I suffered a meniscal tear, can I start training again?
- My girl friend and I are blood relations, can we have children without risk?
- I had a flu shot, I’m not sure if the flu shot made me sicker?
- I have had a series of “boils” that started out as a pimple and got hard and painful, should I take some antibiotics?
- I have Atrial fibrillation ( AFib or AF), can a car accident have caused it?
- I just had a baby 4 months ago, is experiencing debilitating fatigue normal?
- I have had fever for 6 days and an enlarged lymph node on jaw?
- Experiencing painless bumps on penis, tests all negative, need second doctor opinion?
- During my period I get extremely lightheaded and feel as though I’m going to pass out?
- I think I have onychophagia, I thought I could stop this, please advise?
- Did I have a miscarriage or is it a normal period?
- I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago for endometriosis, have side effects please advise?
- I had an shoulder injury while playing football, what should I do next?
- I have been sick for the last 3 weeks, cold sore like blisters on eyelids?
- Do I really need to get a shot for Yellow Fever?
- My medication may be too high?