Dry, itchy patches on my face, need second doctor opinion?

About a year ago I started getting dry, itchy patches on my face. Over the next few months I changed all the products I used to ensure it wasn’t a reaction to anything with no luck. I then went to the doctor who thought it might be rosacea so prescribed me a course of oxytetracycline, which unfortunately did not lessen the symptoms. It is very red and flaky, and is starting to spread to other parts of my face. Does anyone know what it could be and any ways to treat it?

Doctor Answers And General Comments : (both members and visitors can post)

4 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
Dr MasrDr Ahmed FawzyDr MahaveerDr. Ayman Darrag Recent comment authors
Notify of
Dr. Ayman Darrag
Dr. Ayman Darrag

For me ..it is not rosacea
.it looks like Seborrheic Eczema..
Try using over-the-counter (OTC) antifungal and anti-itch creams
using hypoallergenic soap and detergent
thoroughly rinsing soap and shampoo off the skin and scalp.
Light therapy can also help.

Dr Mahaveer
Dr Mahaveer

hi,its an allergic rash with superadded fungal infection.
Apply local anti-fungal cream.
You can take anti-histaminic tablets for itch.
If this does not help,you need to consult a dermatologist.

Dr Ahmed Fawzy
Dr Ahmed Fawzy

In my opinion you have scabies , i recommed microscopic examination by your dermatologist
Good Luck

Dr Masr
Dr Masr

Is there any similar condition elsewhere in ur body??