I am a 33 year old female. I have been getting shingle outbreaks since I was 6 years old. I would get it once a year around the same time until high school. I then started getting it about twice a year. As I got older the outbreaks became more frequent, 3-4 times a year and even 2 outbreaks at one time. I get it on the back of my neck everytime either on the left side, which is usually the side it breaks out in, but I do get it on the right side also. There was 2 times in which the outbreaks came out on both sides of my neck. When I get it on the left side it is always right on the side of the bottom bone of neck where neck ends and back spine begins. When I get it on the right side, it runs down on the outer side of the back of my neck. This year I have had 4 outbreaks, Feb., April, July and right now. I have had discussions with my doctor about the shingle vaccine since it came out and he has always been against it because of my age and the vaccine has only been tested in older people. With the outbreaks becoming more frequent over the past few years, we discussed it again with my current outbreak and he would like to try it. I am all for it if it will help but have concerns because of my age. With my history of shingle outbreaks being so long and extensive, do you believe it will help prevent my outbreaks completely or atleast minimize my outbreaks? What concerns/issues do you have with getting the vaccination at my age and history? If I would want to have another baby a couple years from now, could the vaccination affect the pregnancy/child?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I am 33 years old, I need shingles vaccine, but am I too young to have it?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- My MRI seems to indicate a PONS abnormality, is the case or is MRI showing UBOs ?
- I contracted some food borne disease, can e-coli or salmonella poisoning be causing UTI? Or antibiotics?
- I’ve been experiencing an itchy crawling sensation on my body, is it caffeine?
- I suffer from Hair Loss (Hair Fall), is it AGA or Ferritin induced ?
- I suffer from irregular heartbeats, severe headache in back side of head..a state of fear?
- Can a small pigmented spot on the head of a penis be a sign of a medical problem?
- I have had traces of blood in my urine, but blood tests are ok?
- I’ve started to get heart palpitations and food makes me nauseous?
- Rashes are spreading throughout my body, is it ringworm?
- Can a corticosteroid shot to treat arthritis have side effects?
- I have a ankle fracture, do I need surgery?
- I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and vision in left eye, is it a brain tumor?
- Fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae, rods have fractured, will they need to be replaced?
- I have had elevated liver enzymes, is there a problem with my liver?
- I broke out in hives and itchy, swollen purple like skin, is this a consequence of my low blood test results?
- I have this sore on my neck on my hair line, is it skin cancer?
- Can a back injury cause kidney failure?
- I had a benign breast tumor removed, is it possible for the tumor to have returned?
- Can bruising on the chest be caused from a tubation on an anemic person after surgery?
- Thought I had a miscarriage, ultrasound showed that I didn’t, please advise?
- Considering my symptoms and tests, do I still have IGT (Impaired glucose tolerance)?
- This is an ultrasound of my baby’s spine. How does the spine look to you?
- I suffered a meniscal tear, can I start training again?
- My girl friend and I are blood relations, can we have children without risk?
- I had a flu shot, I’m not sure if the flu shot made me sicker?
- I have had a series of “boils” that started out as a pimple and got hard and painful, should I take some antibiotics?
- I have Atrial fibrillation ( AFib or AF), can a car accident have caused it?
- I just had a baby 4 months ago, is experiencing debilitating fatigue normal?
- I have had fever for 6 days and an enlarged lymph node on jaw?
- Experiencing painless bumps on penis, tests all negative, need second doctor opinion?