I am a 33 year old female. I have been getting shingle outbreaks since I was 6 years old. I would get it once a year around the same time until high school. I then started getting it about twice a year. As I got older the outbreaks became more frequent, 3-4 times a year and even 2 outbreaks at one time. I get it on the back of my neck everytime either on the left side, which is usually the side it breaks out in, but I do get it on the right side also. There was 2 times in which the outbreaks came out on both sides of my neck. When I get it on the left side it is always right on the side of the bottom bone of neck where neck ends and back spine begins. When I get it on the right side, it runs down on the outer side of the back of my neck. This year I have had 4 outbreaks, Feb., April, July and right now. I have had discussions with my doctor about the shingle vaccine since it came out and he has always been against it because of my age and the vaccine has only been tested in older people. With the outbreaks becoming more frequent over the past few years, we discussed it again with my current outbreak and he would like to try it. I am all for it if it will help but have concerns because of my age. With my history of shingle outbreaks being so long and extensive, do you believe it will help prevent my outbreaks completely or atleast minimize my outbreaks? What concerns/issues do you have with getting the vaccination at my age and history? If I would want to have another baby a couple years from now, could the vaccination affect the pregnancy/child?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I am 33 years old, I need shingles vaccine, but am I too young to have it?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I believe I have ringworm. I have a red circular patch?
- Can a supplement be dangerous and cause Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- My son has a medical history of hydronephrosis in the kidney?
- I’ve had this spot on my tongue for about a year?
- I have the flu and bronchitis to go with or some type of lung infection?
- What can cause anal warts if STD test negative?
- Should I be worried about hiv ?
- Can shingles affect the gastro intestinal tract?
- I have had an extreme pain in my groin, that the doctors have not been able to figure out?
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?
- I’ve been having trouble swallowing the last couple of months?
- My shirt touched the bathroom stall, could this result in me getting anything?
- I got food stuck in my esophagus and spent several hours in severe pain?
- I have a rash in the corner of my mouth?
- I had femoral epiphysis surgery 45 years, experienced pain in my left knee after workouts?
- I am a 40 yr old female have pain in breast and I believe in chest?
- Is there a relation between uti & any em zines being elevated ?