So I’m a 15 year old girl and have recently been diagnosed with HSP (Henoch-Schonlein Purpura). I’ve had it for about 4 weeks, but a much milder version of what I have now. During the first two weeks, i experienced terrible back and stomach pain, frequent urination, and fluid retention in my stomach. In the third week, i experienced vomiting, malaise, blood in my stool and much more severe back and stomach pain and bloating, however the rash subsided. In this fourth week, I was feeling much better and waxed my legs, which caused the rash to flare up much more severely, and i experienced terrible arthritis and frequent urination. I was taken to the hospital and given a urine test, in which they found that I had high amounts of blood and protein in it. The doctors are worried my kidneys might be at risk, and i was just wondering, do my kidneys sound affected and if so, with the absence of a lot of the symptoms of kidney impairment in this fourth week and the prominent appearance of them previously, could my kidneys have been impaired then repaired themselves on their own this week? But if they haven’t, what happens if my kidneys are infected or leaking?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have recently been diagnosed with HSP (Henoch-Schonlein Purpura), doctors are worried my kidneys might be at risk, need second opinion?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?
- I want a pill that will make me stay harder for longer?
- Can Botox be used to treat an Overactive bladder (OAB)?
- How can I get rid of edema without medications?
- Why do so many suicides fail before the age of 25?
- Husband and wife in terrible car crash – worst case scenario?
- My blood test results indicate Positive ANA, what does that result mean exactly?
- I have red spots on only my right lower gum line?
- How effective is Tarceva for cancer?
- Do I have a rash on my breast or are they glands of some kind?
- I’ve been experiencing a constant pain in/above my first set of top molars?
- I have had redness on the my right side of face?
- Can you suggest a homemade recipe for electrolyte replacement for bowel prep?
- I’ve been dealing with issues in my left foot for the past 3 weeks, with varying symptoms?