So I’m a 15 year old girl and have recently been diagnosed with HSP (Henoch-Schonlein Purpura). I’ve had it for about 4 weeks, but a much milder version of what I have now. During the first two weeks, i experienced terrible back and stomach pain, frequent urination, and fluid retention in my stomach. In the third week, i experienced vomiting, malaise, blood in my stool and much more severe back and stomach pain and bloating, however the rash subsided. In this fourth week, I was feeling much better and waxed my legs, which caused the rash to flare up much more severely, and i experienced terrible arthritis and frequent urination. I was taken to the hospital and given a urine test, in which they found that I had high amounts of blood and protein in it. The doctors are worried my kidneys might be at risk, and i was just wondering, do my kidneys sound affected and if so, with the absence of a lot of the symptoms of kidney impairment in this fourth week and the prominent appearance of them previously, could my kidneys have been impaired then repaired themselves on their own this week? But if they haven’t, what happens if my kidneys are infected or leaking?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have recently been diagnosed with HSP (Henoch-Schonlein Purpura), doctors are worried my kidneys might be at risk, need second opinion?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Terrible pain in lower back had xray done, what can be done to improve my condition?
- I have this mole on my face left cheek that is growing?
- I noticed a pea sized lump in front of my left ear?
- I found a lump at the bottom of my back that is small, pink and brown around the edges?
- I have this rash, what is it?
- I have blood in my urine, is it cancer?
- Is Sildenafil safe to take with Isentress, Norvir and Reyataz?
- Ultrasound of my kidneys provides different results, please advise?
- Suffering from a terrible pain in lower back that lasts a second or two, please advise?
- I have been trying to have a baby for 10 years, please advise?
- I have a nickel sized lump that is very painful and itchy?
- Chronic pain and tingling sensation in both legs, please advise?
- My husband is forgetting things, is it alzheimer’s?
- I have bad swelling in my legs and feet, will my swelling be alleviated if a biventricular pacemaker is put in?
- I have a major acne problem, what should I do?
- I have a lump on my eyelid, what is it?
- I developed neuropathy in my feet, right foot primarily, burning, tingling, please advise?
- Can an xray and MRI miss a bone tumor?
- I’m 4 months postpartum with first baby and have joint pain?
- I have severe narcolepsy as well as CFIDS, need second opinion?
- Did a health test analysis should I worry about my results?
- I slipped and fell l broke my femur in three places?
- I have a strong steady burning sensation right where my sternum comes together?
- Can you get a rib fracture as a result of anesthesia?
- I have had an issue with my stomach since. December 2nd 2017?
- After botox injection my eyes swelled up, need second opinion?
- I’ve had genital warts for a few months now, what can be done?
- I had arthroscopy for a meniscus tear in my right knee, pain has returned?
- I had a spinal fusion surgery now have difficulty swallowing food?
- Can a frostbite injury be related to hypertension, diabetes or renal disease?