Im a 21 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with innapropriate sinus tachycardia. My first question is, is this really a good diagnoses for me? My resting heart rate is very normal. Around 60 high 50s. It’s only with exertion that my tachycardia comes into play and something as simple as taking a shower gets me up to 150bpm. From what I’ve read people with IST have my symptoms, ASWELL as a resting heart rate usually >100. After my diagnoses day before yesterday I was put on the beta blocker atenolol. My concern with this is its lowering my heart rate with exertion and at rest. Now my resting heart rate is high in the 40s. The reason this concerns me is my second question. I am also prescribed the benzodiazapine klonopin for anxiety. This also lowers my heart rate. I haven’t taken it due to fear of too low of a heart rate. Is it safe to take with a pulse already so low from the beta blocker alone? A bp in the 40s then a nocturnal dip could spell disaster potentially. Thanks.
Home › Medical Questions › Cardiology › I was recently diagnosed with innapropriate sinus tachycardia, worried heart rate will go too low?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I’m currently having near-blackout episodes, please advise?
- My blood result monocytes are high. Can anyone explain to me what might cause that?
- I had smoke inhalation, do I need to be concerned?
- My husband is having breathing problems, seems confused and is sleepy, taking OxyContin what is the problem?
- I believe my thyroid is enlarged, please advise?
- Fever of 100, migraines, can I take care of this at home?
- I feel my heart pounding with a little dizziness, am I having a heart attack or a heart problem?
- I hit my head. No signs of concussion but still sensitive, please advise?
- I got a nasty blister on my foot and I swelled up?
- I was diagnosed with Type A influenza with bronchial thickening, is this anything to be worried about?
- I have a lump in my breast, is it cancer?
- Is it safe to take both Tylenol Acetaminophen and Aleve Naproxen at the same time?
- Pain in stomach when I eat, is it something serious?
- I have been diagnosed with clinical depression what are the best anti-depression medications?
- I have acne breakouts and head pain, is this caused by menopause?
- I am pregnant, is it twins and are my thyroid levels normal?
- I have a scaly rash on my chest, need a second opinion?
- I have a black toenail, what could cause it and what could be done?
- Woke up with chills and fever, is it due to flu shot?
- Can prednisone cause my vision to get blurred?
- Is this an ingrown hair or something more serious?
- Is it the same virus that causes sores inside and outside the mouth?
- Lab results show high total iron and % saturation, please advise?
- I have slowly lost my taste and smell, what has caused this?
- I tore my frenulum and started to bleed, do I need stitches?
- I am scared of getting a blood test, what should I do?
- I am suffering from hair loss but I’m only 19 years old, is that normal?
- I had a steroid injection, when will I feel improvement?
- Can a plan B contraception mess up your cycle?
- I have been losing weight lately without dieting, what can be the problem?