Im a 21 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with innapropriate sinus tachycardia. My first question is, is this really a good diagnoses for me? My resting heart rate is very normal. Around 60 high 50s. It’s only with exertion that my tachycardia comes into play and something as simple as taking a shower gets me up to 150bpm. From what I’ve read people with IST have my symptoms, ASWELL as a resting heart rate usually >100. After my diagnoses day before yesterday I was put on the beta blocker atenolol. My concern with this is its lowering my heart rate with exertion and at rest. Now my resting heart rate is high in the 40s. The reason this concerns me is my second question. I am also prescribed the benzodiazapine klonopin for anxiety. This also lowers my heart rate. I haven’t taken it due to fear of too low of a heart rate. Is it safe to take with a pulse already so low from the beta blocker alone? A bp in the 40s then a nocturnal dip could spell disaster potentially. Thanks.
Home › Medical Questions › Cardiology › I was recently diagnosed with innapropriate sinus tachycardia, worried heart rate will go too low?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?
- I’ve got candida, seemingly yeast infection in urinary tract?
- For spider bites. when they bite. do they just draw blood, or are they also injecting venom?
- I am planning for an hGH treatment with the goal to repair the various healthy tissue, and build up the appearance of the skin?
- My face is pale almost white compared to my tanned body?
- Six months ago my new GP put me on the anticoagulant Rivaroxaban?
- I started spotting on August 1st 4 days before my period?
- Can you explain this report of CT SCAN of part of the brain?
- I have low blood readings of red blood cells?
- Can I give my 4 year old daughter Children’s Allegra Allergy fexofenadine?
- I’ve noticed my hair thinning at the center of the top of my scalp?
- Mouth culture test report?
- One of my tonsils is swollen i have some kind of white patches on the side of my tongue?
- Effect of Isopropyl alcohol in gastrointestinal tract?
- I’ve been taking xanax for 5 years?
- I have a whitehead on the underside of my eyelid?