Hello, about a year and a half ago, I started having a burning, uncomfortable pain in my right flank area, if i stood, it would be right at about where my elbow would fall on my side. Close to bottom of those ribs. It would come and go. Went to two doctors, both thought muscoskeletal. Put on Mobic. Didn’t help. Doctor then ordered ultrasound of upper right quadrant, and called only to tell me everything looked good, but had mild fatty liver, but not fatty liver disease. Also that I had gallstones. They then ordered Chest Xray (to see ribs) Everything looked good. I took it upon myself to see a gallbladder surgeon (doctor said it was up to me if I wanted to remove gallbladder) That was about 9 months ago. The pain went away, so I chose not to. Now, it seems every few months, it “flares” up. My question is, I want to be confident that it is nothing bad. The doctor seemed to make me feel like, if my gallstones were the problem I would be throwing up and have pain closer to middle of body, not only on the side. Do gallstones cause cancer? Should I have it removed? Can gallstones, cause pain in the right flank (toward side)? Thank you for any help and advice. I’m just scared.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I started having a burning, uncomfortable pain in my right flank area?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have been a vegetarian for about 12 months now?
- I have pain behind my left knee?
- I am in my 31st week of pregnancy and just had an ultrasound done before yesterday?
- I have an ammonia smell in underwear but no discharge, what can it be?
- I developed a white, flaky kind of skin on my penis?
- I was prescribed Klavox 1g twice a day to treat ear infection?
- So for a month my heart rate when i woke up was 110, 112?
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?
- I’ve got candida, seemingly yeast infection in urinary tract?
- For spider bites. when they bite. do they just draw blood, or are they also injecting venom?
- I am planning for an hGH treatment with the goal to repair the various healthy tissue, and build up the appearance of the skin?
- My face is pale almost white compared to my tanned body?
- Six months ago my new GP put me on the anticoagulant Rivaroxaban?
- I started spotting on August 1st 4 days before my period?