Hello, about a year and a half ago, I started having a burning, uncomfortable pain in my right flank area, if i stood, it would be right at about where my elbow would fall on my side. Close to bottom of those ribs. It would come and go. Went to two doctors, both thought muscoskeletal. Put on Mobic. Didn’t help. Doctor then ordered ultrasound of upper right quadrant, and called only to tell me everything looked good, but had mild fatty liver, but not fatty liver disease. Also that I had gallstones. They then ordered Chest Xray (to see ribs) Everything looked good. I took it upon myself to see a gallbladder surgeon (doctor said it was up to me if I wanted to remove gallbladder) That was about 9 months ago. The pain went away, so I chose not to. Now, it seems every few months, it “flares” up. My question is, I want to be confident that it is nothing bad. The doctor seemed to make me feel like, if my gallstones were the problem I would be throwing up and have pain closer to middle of body, not only on the side. Do gallstones cause cancer? Should I have it removed? Can gallstones, cause pain in the right flank (toward side)? Thank you for any help and advice. I’m just scared.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I started having a burning, uncomfortable pain in my right flank area?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I currently have a sharp pain on the top right of my foot?
- I had a heart attack 4 years ago and had 3 stents placed in my arteries?
- I had a fracture and the doctor kept my leg in a cast for over 6 weeks?
- I have skin rashes for almost half a year?
- I have a sore by my testicle area?
- There is a white lump just above/ beside my urethra?
- I have been having leg cramps that feels like charlie horses?
- My GP told me that I have very low blood pressure and anemia?
- Need dental work done?
- Pressure inside my head almost like something might burst?
- I need your opinion on A1C?
- I had a knee operation 13 months ago?
- I am detoxing from alcohol?
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?