Hello, about a year and a half ago, I started having a burning, uncomfortable pain in my right flank area, if i stood, it would be right at about where my elbow would fall on my side. Close to bottom of those ribs. It would come and go. Went to two doctors, both thought muscoskeletal. Put on Mobic. Didn’t help. Doctor then ordered ultrasound of upper right quadrant, and called only to tell me everything looked good, but had mild fatty liver, but not fatty liver disease. Also that I had gallstones. They then ordered Chest Xray (to see ribs) Everything looked good. I took it upon myself to see a gallbladder surgeon (doctor said it was up to me if I wanted to remove gallbladder) That was about 9 months ago. The pain went away, so I chose not to. Now, it seems every few months, it “flares” up. My question is, I want to be confident that it is nothing bad. The doctor seemed to make me feel like, if my gallstones were the problem I would be throwing up and have pain closer to middle of body, not only on the side. Do gallstones cause cancer? Should I have it removed? Can gallstones, cause pain in the right flank (toward side)? Thank you for any help and advice. I’m just scared.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I started having a burning, uncomfortable pain in my right flank area?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a growth in throat what can this be?
- I have a lump on the side of my thumb?
- Is this strep throat or pharyngitis?
- Does it make sense depleting immune system with active infection and no antibiotic?
- Is this what herpes feels like?
- I have this spot on my forehead, what is it?
- I had yeast, UTI and severe itch. Was tested but no STI?
- I believe I have ringworm. I have a red circular patch?
- Can a supplement be dangerous and cause Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- My son has a medical history of hydronephrosis in the kidney?
- I’ve had this spot on my tongue for about a year?
- I have the flu and bronchitis to go with or some type of lung infection?
- What can cause anal warts if STD test negative?
- Should I be worried about hiv ?
- Can shingles affect the gastro intestinal tract?
- I have had an extreme pain in my groin, that the doctors have not been able to figure out?
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?