Question: I was stung by a red wasp – it is not improving?

I was stung by a red wasp on Saturday 9/10. The foot is red, hot, swollen and painful up to my ankle. It has not gotten any better in 3 days. I have been taking benedryl and ibuprofen and applying ice to the foot. What should I do as it is not improving.

This Question Is Open to Answers -Post Your Comment Below

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Ayman Darrag
3:15 pm

they usually go away by their own but you can use a hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion if itching …you can use Baking soda and colloidal oatmeal to soothe skin
Over-the-counter pain relievers as ibuprofen, can improve pain… keep on benderyl as an Antihistamin drug
throughly wash with soap and water
Keep applying cold packs
and above all be careful not to get stung again …

7:16 am

the swelling is due to allergic reaction to the wasp poison. if its not improving, then you should start on anti allergic tablets, fibrinolytic enzyme tablets, local magsulf and glycerine application. leg elevation.
i would suggest hot fomentation instead of ice pack, as ice pack will block and freeze the lymphatic system that is supposed to drain out the swelling.

heat will increase the blood supply and help to drain out more swelling at a faster rate.