Hello I’m 39 weeks pregnant and have just discovered I have thread worm, I can’t take any medication as not recommended I have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned but I am going out of my mind, will this effect the birth I feel like I won’t be able to hold my baby because I’m terrified I have eggs constantly on my hands therefore not bonding as I should. I should be looking forward to it all it’s my last weeks but to be honest I’ve just totally forgot about it the cleaning and worry has taken over my life. Is there anything for the itch or any natural remodies that can be taken that are safe, I suffer from constipation I did before getting pregnant so hardly going to the toilet so surely they aren’t being expelled as they should is it advised to take laxatives so I know that they are coming out. I am going out my mind my I’m terrified the eggs are everywhere because I don’t know how long I have had them only started getting symptoms last Thursday. The doctors don’t really seem bothered just get on with it doing the hygiene but it’s easy to say that when they aren’t up all night cos of the wriggling the horrible thought of it all. Just help please any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Home › Medical Questions › Infectiology › I’m 39 weeks pregnant and have just discovered I have thread worm, I can’t take any medication as not recommended?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Is this an erupted cold sore or a pimple?
- I have sinus. Infections a lot and allergies. Had two sinus surgeries?
- Will percocet and hydrocodone show up on a 5 panel test?
- I have a line that has formed on my forehead due to wearing a tight wave cap?
- I am preparing to have bariatric surgery?
- Is there an alternative drug/medication for nerve pain and depression for my father that aren’t addictive?
- I have white spots with pus on my arm?
- I have had headaches for the past 2 days?
- Would lower back surgery allow me to have normal activities?
- I’ve had chronic diarrhea for two years since I had hip replacement?
- Every time I pass a stool I have a sharp knife – like pain on the right side of my anus?
- Is this red rash ringworm or dermatitis?
- My wife is an amputee and has had phantom pain for four days now?
- Will clonazepam show a positive drug screen on the DOT drug screen?
- Over a 24 hour period I took at least 4 paracetemal every 4 hours?
- Can Ellaone morning after pill (MAP) cause future period’s to be irregular?
- I have noticed a small lump on the left side of my testicle?
- I have a growth on the glans of my penis?
- I have frozen hands, spine pain and shoulder pain?
- I experience anxiety, I want to start meditation?
- Medical Marijuana: Can cannabis help my Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- My husband is paraplegic and has developed a pressure sore on the left buttock that goes to the bone?
- I have diagnosed eustachian tube dysfunction with tinnitus?
- I’ve been diagnosed with trichomoniasis?
- I have these glitch feeling in my head in the temporal lobe?
- I have shooting pain when bending or moving?
- Can Budd Chiari be caused by a birth defect?
- Can medical marijuana help with ovarian cysts?
- Symptoms started 2 years ago after doing anabolic steroids?
- Just wanting to know if my MRI of my neck is anything to be concerned about?