Hello I’m 39 weeks pregnant and have just discovered I have thread worm, I can’t take any medication as not recommended I have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned but I am going out of my mind, will this effect the birth I feel like I won’t be able to hold my baby because I’m terrified I have eggs constantly on my hands therefore not bonding as I should. I should be looking forward to it all it’s my last weeks but to be honest I’ve just totally forgot about it the cleaning and worry has taken over my life. Is there anything for the itch or any natural remodies that can be taken that are safe, I suffer from constipation I did before getting pregnant so hardly going to the toilet so surely they aren’t being expelled as they should is it advised to take laxatives so I know that they are coming out. I am going out my mind my I’m terrified the eggs are everywhere because I don’t know how long I have had them only started getting symptoms last Thursday. The doctors don’t really seem bothered just get on with it doing the hygiene but it’s easy to say that when they aren’t up all night cos of the wriggling the horrible thought of it all. Just help please any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Home › Medical Questions › Infectiology › I’m 39 weeks pregnant and have just discovered I have thread worm, I can’t take any medication as not recommended?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- After tumor removed from spinal cord, developed tingling in my left foot and leg?
- Does ethanol dissolved in my saliva stay in mouth?
- I have Cervicitis And Bv. Does this mean that my boyfriend has NGU (nongonococcal urethritis)?
- Do I need a Saline Ultrasound with a 14 mm polyp?
- I have had 2 cardiac ablations, can pregnancy cause any issues?
- I have developed widespread tendonitis throughout my whole body, is it a specific deficiency or maybe an autoimmune response?
- My son has this rash for 2 weeks now its everywhere and itchy?
- I have fever and severe headache, nausea and feeling cold, do I have Typhoid fever?
- I have a mole on my back, is it cancer?
- My legs sometimes feel numb and have blue blackish spots, what can cause this?
- I am a 76 year old male who had a by-pass in 2012, has hypertension and heart disease?
- I have a pseudo Jones fracture on the 5th metatarsal, when can I return to work?
- Tested negative recently for pregnancy. So, does that mean I’m not pregnant?
- Is it possible for someone infected with HIV to start producing antibodies and consequently symptoms at a late stage?
- I am an asthmatic and I would like to know if i can take Metformin?
- I have severe pain and muscle spasms, is it fibromyalgia?
- I have noticed that SGPT (ALT) level increased, why does the level go up?
- I have skin patches on my neck and chest since I my teens, could it be too much insulin?
- Diagnosed PID + uteres infection, anti body positive, does that mean HIV positive?
- Sixty year old man has 1. 9 Mg/Dl creatine level. Is it a serious condition?
- My friend has had a kidney removed an he has a knot the size of a grapefruit?
- I may have caught an STD, took Viread?
- I have pimples that look like tiny worms, tried ivermectin?
- My son was diagnosed with Charcot Marie Tooth disease type 2a1 he is also getting a “constricted’ feeling in his throat. Is this normal?
- I had 3 ops on the right knee, 1 ACL and 2 menicus tears, the knee recently started swelling?
- I’m post op from neck surgery fusion is it normal my hands feel numb?
- My mother has been diagnosed with meningitis, should my family and I be tested for meningitis?
- I am 21, do I need a Pap smear test?
- I have a history of light PCOS and recently have been diagnosed with a 21 mm Sub serosal Myoma?
- I take clozaril, is it dangerous to have MAC anesthesia in combination with this medication?