Ever since I was about 12 when I stand up my body contorts for a few seconds. It only happens when I stand up and start walking. Or if I’m standing still and then move suddenly. When its at it’s worst, I stand up and walk then the left side of my body kind of… contorts. It starts at my foot. My toes will curl then my ankle bends inward. My hip juts out and then my wrist curls inward and my fingers spread apart and they curl. Then my left cheek will tighten as if I am snarling and my eye will twitch. It only lasts for about 10 seconds but it is very embarrassing in public. I have learned that if I stand up and then stay in place for a few seconds it wont happen. I can feel it “flaring up” and then it passes. If it goes to the full contortion and I try to walk it off it’s worse and my arm will kind of flap around. And if I try to speak my speech is slurred. can barely hide it from people in public when it does I have to bend over and pretend im tying my shoe so they wont see my arms and face spasm. i have no idea what problem could be any help will be appreciated.
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Is this an erupted cold sore or a pimple?
- I have sinus. Infections a lot and allergies. Had two sinus surgeries?
- Will percocet and hydrocodone show up on a 5 panel test?
- I have a line that has formed on my forehead due to wearing a tight wave cap?
- I am preparing to have bariatric surgery?
- Is there an alternative drug/medication for nerve pain and depression for my father that aren’t addictive?
- I have white spots with pus on my arm?
- I have had headaches for the past 2 days?
- Would lower back surgery allow me to have normal activities?
- I’ve had chronic diarrhea for two years since I had hip replacement?
- Every time I pass a stool I have a sharp knife – like pain on the right side of my anus?
- Is this red rash ringworm or dermatitis?
- My wife is an amputee and has had phantom pain for four days now?
- Will clonazepam show a positive drug screen on the DOT drug screen?
- Over a 24 hour period I took at least 4 paracetemal every 4 hours?
- Can Ellaone morning after pill (MAP) cause future period’s to be irregular?
- I have noticed a small lump on the left side of my testicle?
- I have a growth on the glans of my penis?
- I have frozen hands, spine pain and shoulder pain?
- I experience anxiety, I want to start meditation?
- Medical Marijuana: Can cannabis help my Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- My husband is paraplegic and has developed a pressure sore on the left buttock that goes to the bone?
- I have diagnosed eustachian tube dysfunction with tinnitus?
- I’ve been diagnosed with trichomoniasis?
- I have these glitch feeling in my head in the temporal lobe?
- I have shooting pain when bending or moving?
- Can Budd Chiari be caused by a birth defect?
- Can medical marijuana help with ovarian cysts?
- Symptoms started 2 years ago after doing anabolic steroids?
- Just wanting to know if my MRI of my neck is anything to be concerned about?