Hello! I’ve been suffering from health anxiety lately, primarily focused on the skin (I’m currently on an SSRI and am in therapy). This question actually pertains to my son, who is 19 years old, and a small pigmented spot I recall seeing on the head of his penis back at an early age when he was in diapers and pull-ups. It was a very small and lightly pigmented spot resembling a freckle and the pediatrician never expressed a concern over it when I pointed it out. Unfortunately, the thought of it entered my mind again during a current flare of health anxiety, worrying about what it may look like now (for all I know it could be tiny or have disappeared). I took my son to a dermatologist for a skin screening a few months ago, but that area was never checked. For obvious reasons, it would be difficult for me to bring the topic up to my son and ask him what it looks like. I guess I’m just reaching out for any reassurances that I’m overthinking this and that having a spot in that location is not extraordinarily rare. Please don’t suggest taking him to a doctor for it to be checked, as I simply cannot bring up the topic with him and do that, and that suggestion would just heighten my anxiety. Thanks for your input and any reassurances which you may be able to provide!!
Home › Medical Questions › Can a small pigmented spot on the head of a penis be a sign of a medical problem?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?
- I want a pill that will make me stay harder for longer?
- Can Botox be used to treat an Overactive bladder (OAB)?
- How can I get rid of edema without medications?
- Why do so many suicides fail before the age of 25?
- Husband and wife in terrible car crash – worst case scenario?
- My blood test results indicate Positive ANA, what does that result mean exactly?
- I have red spots on only my right lower gum line?
- How effective is Tarceva for cancer?
- Do I have a rash on my breast or are they glands of some kind?
- I’ve been experiencing a constant pain in/above my first set of top molars?
- I have had redness on the my right side of face?
- Can you suggest a homemade recipe for electrolyte replacement for bowel prep?
- I’ve been dealing with issues in my left foot for the past 3 weeks, with varying symptoms?