Hello! I’ve been suffering from health anxiety lately, primarily focused on the skin (I’m currently on an SSRI and am in therapy). This question actually pertains to my son, who is 19 years old, and a small pigmented spot I recall seeing on the head of his penis back at an early age when he was in diapers and pull-ups. It was a very small and lightly pigmented spot resembling a freckle and the pediatrician never expressed a concern over it when I pointed it out. Unfortunately, the thought of it entered my mind again during a current flare of health anxiety, worrying about what it may look like now (for all I know it could be tiny or have disappeared). I took my son to a dermatologist for a skin screening a few months ago, but that area was never checked. For obvious reasons, it would be difficult for me to bring the topic up to my son and ask him what it looks like. I guess I’m just reaching out for any reassurances that I’m overthinking this and that having a spot in that location is not extraordinarily rare. Please don’t suggest taking him to a doctor for it to be checked, as I simply cannot bring up the topic with him and do that, and that suggestion would just heighten my anxiety. Thanks for your input and any reassurances which you may be able to provide!!
Home › Medical Questions › Can a small pigmented spot on the head of a penis be a sign of a medical problem?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I am positive carrier for the Kell antigen, can I donate or receive blood?
- I have inflammation of my meso rectal fat, what does that mean?
- I had electrocautery to remove genital warts, should my partner do the same?
- I have a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates and I think possibly a nasal polyp, what can be done?
- I received a pneumonia, flu, tetanus vaccine, is my reaction normal?
- I have a cyst on testicle, should I get it removed surgically?
- I feel a pressure on the cartilage in my throat, any ideas what it can be?
- I have chronic sinus, is there something that can be done?
- I have unusual weight gain problems, what is the cause?
- I have Urticaria ( hives on the skin), could this be Cushing syndrome?
- I have severe anemia, what can I do?
- I had a liver transplant, how can I remove stretchmarks on my back and stomach?
- I had a vasectomy now have blood in my semen (seminal fluid), will it stop?
- I am extremely tired, suffer from chronic diarrhea, stiff joints, please advise?
- I have a boil on my skin, how can I treat it?
- I had a vaginal hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, now bleeding?
- I’m having a problem with my sinuses, major headaches and nose bleeds?
- My daughter has migraines since she was 2 years old, now getting worse?
- I have ED issues and experience pain during orgasm?
- My son broke his tibia and fibula, is it safe to manually manipulate the fragment in place by hand?
- I had unprotected oral sex, do I have symptoms of HIV or STDs?
- Feel discomfort in arm after accident with plates and screws installed surgically.
- I am worried I have throat / tonsil cancer, is this cancer or anything to be concerned about?
- I broke the bottom part of my ankle bone, how can I make it heal?
- Intestinal virus seems to act up again, I was sick again, please advise?
- Doctor said I might have light asthma, or is it Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
- How often can I take Lantus?
- I did a home dipstick urinalysis test, should I be worried about the results?
- I suffer from pain in upper left side of the mandibular, what is causing this?
- I was sick to my stomach, is it something serious?