Hello! I’ve been suffering from health anxiety lately, primarily focused on the skin (I’m currently on an SSRI and am in therapy). This question actually pertains to my son, who is 19 years old, and a small pigmented spot I recall seeing on the head of his penis back at an early age when he was in diapers and pull-ups. It was a very small and lightly pigmented spot resembling a freckle and the pediatrician never expressed a concern over it when I pointed it out. Unfortunately, the thought of it entered my mind again during a current flare of health anxiety, worrying about what it may look like now (for all I know it could be tiny or have disappeared). I took my son to a dermatologist for a skin screening a few months ago, but that area was never checked. For obvious reasons, it would be difficult for me to bring the topic up to my son and ask him what it looks like. I guess I’m just reaching out for any reassurances that I’m overthinking this and that having a spot in that location is not extraordinarily rare. Please don’t suggest taking him to a doctor for it to be checked, as I simply cannot bring up the topic with him and do that, and that suggestion would just heighten my anxiety. Thanks for your input and any reassurances which you may be able to provide!!
Home › Medical Questions › Can a small pigmented spot on the head of a penis be a sign of a medical problem?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I believe I have ringworm. I have a red circular patch?
- Can a supplement be dangerous and cause Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- My son has a medical history of hydronephrosis in the kidney?
- I’ve had this spot on my tongue for about a year?
- I have the flu and bronchitis to go with or some type of lung infection?
- What can cause anal warts if STD test negative?
- Should I be worried about hiv ?
- Can shingles affect the gastro intestinal tract?
- I have had an extreme pain in my groin, that the doctors have not been able to figure out?
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?
- I’ve been having trouble swallowing the last couple of months?
- My shirt touched the bathroom stall, could this result in me getting anything?
- I got food stuck in my esophagus and spent several hours in severe pain?
- I have a rash in the corner of my mouth?
- I had femoral epiphysis surgery 45 years, experienced pain in my left knee after workouts?
- I am a 40 yr old female have pain in breast and I believe in chest?
- Is there a relation between uti & any em zines being elevated ?