About a month in a half ago I recorded my first reading of high blood pressure 148/89 after experiencing minor chest pains and feeling light headed. Two weeks before the first event, I was at the docs for my 2nd intense cold in the span of 2 weeks with no recording of high BP. I went back to the doc 2 weeks later for the same exact feelings and recorded BP around the same reading. I was given an EKG test, blood work, and a 24hr holter monitor. All of the tests came back normal, blood work was excellent. The week after I ended up in urgent care and then the emergency room for feeling the same way but I recorded a BP measure of 164/94. All of the tests came back normal as well, EKG and blood work including a chest x-ray. I did have 2 low readings in the past month which were 142/78 and a 138/76 in the ER. I followed up with my doc and he put me on HBP medication lossartan potassium 50 mg but switched me to Hydrochlorothiazid 25 mg due to feeling the side effects i.e. light headedness/dizziness and headache. I am a 23 year old male, 6’1 185lbs, recent college grad also played a sport while in college. I go to the gym regularly and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables everyday but I don’t train like a college athlete anymore. I don’t smoke or do any drugs nor take supplements. I do drink like I’m still in college but only on the weekends. HBP does run in my family along with diabetes but HBP did not develop in the fam members until later in their lives. Intense anxiety did overcome me after my first HBP reading(so for about a month of straight anxiety everyday) because I simply thought the next time I workout I would drop dead, so I stopped going to the gym until the week of Christmas. I feel great when I workout or go to the park to play the sport that I love. I just want to know what could cause this because it literally feels like it happened overnight and I really do not want to be on medication.
Home › Medical Questions › General › High blood pressure, intense colds, minor chest pains and feeling light headed, went to ER all ok, what can this be?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I suffer with pain in both feet with a burning sensation and redness?
- Experiencing sharp pain upper abdomen on the right side?
- I have a white blood count of 12000, is this a problem?
- I have pimples and a little rash on the side of my face?
- I haven’t had my periods twice?
- I have wax buildup in my ear?
- I have been a vegetarian for about 12 months now?
- I have pain behind my left knee?
- I am in my 31st week of pregnancy and just had an ultrasound done before yesterday?
- I have an ammonia smell in underwear but no discharge, what can it be?
- I developed a white, flaky kind of skin on my penis?
- I was prescribed Klavox 1g twice a day to treat ear infection?
- So for a month my heart rate when i woke up was 110, 112?
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?