About a month in a half ago I recorded my first reading of high blood pressure 148/89 after experiencing minor chest pains and feeling light headed. Two weeks before the first event, I was at the docs for my 2nd intense cold in the span of 2 weeks with no recording of high BP. I went back to the doc 2 weeks later for the same exact feelings and recorded BP around the same reading. I was given an EKG test, blood work, and a 24hr holter monitor. All of the tests came back normal, blood work was excellent. The week after I ended up in urgent care and then the emergency room for feeling the same way but I recorded a BP measure of 164/94. All of the tests came back normal as well, EKG and blood work including a chest x-ray. I did have 2 low readings in the past month which were 142/78 and a 138/76 in the ER. I followed up with my doc and he put me on HBP medication lossartan potassium 50 mg but switched me to Hydrochlorothiazid 25 mg due to feeling the side effects i.e. light headedness/dizziness and headache. I am a 23 year old male, 6’1 185lbs, recent college grad also played a sport while in college. I go to the gym regularly and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables everyday but I don’t train like a college athlete anymore. I don’t smoke or do any drugs nor take supplements. I do drink like I’m still in college but only on the weekends. HBP does run in my family along with diabetes but HBP did not develop in the fam members until later in their lives. Intense anxiety did overcome me after my first HBP reading(so for about a month of straight anxiety everyday) because I simply thought the next time I workout I would drop dead, so I stopped going to the gym until the week of Christmas. I feel great when I workout or go to the park to play the sport that I love. I just want to know what could cause this because it literally feels like it happened overnight and I really do not want to be on medication.
Home › Medical Questions › General › High blood pressure, intense colds, minor chest pains and feeling light headed, went to ER all ok, what can this be?
Search For Your Answer
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have lost some sensation in my feet, feeling numbness and tingling sensation?
- The color of my face skin varies in color, what is the solution?
- My CT scan results indicates renal angiomyolipoma, what do I need to do?
- Every night I am having severe pain in my right hip and groin?
- I have cramps in legs and hands?
- I have a sore throat and suffer from asthma, do I need antibiotics?
- I suffer from extreme blood pressure problems, how can I get my BP down?
- My 8 months old baby girl has a high fever, cough, and cold, diagnosed with bronchiolitis?
- I have an earache, used olive oil, now ear is blocked.
- I have received a blow to the stomach. it is painful. What is the problem?
- I am allergic to dust mites, medication helped now problem has returned?
- I have an inguinal hernia, should I get an operation?
- I suffer from loss of appetite, feeling of fullness, vomiting ?
- I have had a severe sinus cold which has affected my sense of smell?
- I always develop a bad cough near the end of the year?
- I had several panic attack episodes and I take Valium, now experience fear attacks?
- I keep getting colds and sinusitis, can it be that I have a low immune system?
- My condom tore while having intercourse with woman with AIDS?
- I have developed numbness in my right side over a period of a few months
- I have had irregular periods, now feel nauseous?
- I have had cataract surgery and now my eye is red?
- This morning my stools were covered with a white mold?
- I have itching, burning feeling in urethra is it urethritis?
- I was diagnosed with C.difficile?
- I have knee pain when standing up?
- I suffer with pain in both feet with a burning sensation and redness?
- Experiencing sharp pain upper abdomen on the right side?
- I have a white blood count of 12000, is this a problem?
- I have pimples and a little rash on the side of my face?
- I haven’t had my periods twice?