I am a 37 year old women who was diagnosed with Crohn’s in 2008, I have been in “remission” for 5 years. After the birth of my son last December I caught cdiff and after 3 rounds of antibiotics I got a fecal transplant on October 11th. My cdiff has not returned, however I have been having a wide array of new symptoms since the transplant. Everything I eat causes extreme pain in my upper abdomen, extremely watery diarrhea 6+ times a day, constant nausea and vomiting. The nausea has gotten so bad that for the last 4 days I have been unable to keep food down and am only able to take small sips of water. I have lost 10 lbs in the past 7 days, 5 of those over the past 4 days. I have been to the er 3 times, I had a endoscopy and flex sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday and all pathologies came back normal. The only thing that came up is the z line is irregular. All of my labs have looked good as well. I get remicade infused every 8 weeks, I take zofran, phenergan, Prevacid, scopolamine patch, and Benadryl. My question is what do I do? Do I go to the er? I’m miserable, week, tired, I can’t take care of my kid and school has become impossible. Im nervous for the er, as they tend to no really believe me, and only focus on my Crohn’s, despit knowing it is in remission. Thank you in advance for any advise.
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › I caught Clostridium Difficile Colitis (cdiff), after antibiotics and fecal transplant I have pain, nausea and vomiting?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?
- I want a pill that will make me stay harder for longer?
- Can Botox be used to treat an Overactive bladder (OAB)?
- How can I get rid of edema without medications?
- Why do so many suicides fail before the age of 25?
- Husband and wife in terrible car crash – worst case scenario?
- My blood test results indicate Positive ANA, what does that result mean exactly?
- I have red spots on only my right lower gum line?
- How effective is Tarceva for cancer?
- Do I have a rash on my breast or are they glands of some kind?
- I’ve been experiencing a constant pain in/above my first set of top molars?
- I have had redness on the my right side of face?
- Can you suggest a homemade recipe for electrolyte replacement for bowel prep?
- I’ve been dealing with issues in my left foot for the past 3 weeks, with varying symptoms?