I am a 37 year old women who was diagnosed with Crohn’s in 2008, I have been in “remission” for 5 years. After the birth of my son last December I caught cdiff and after 3 rounds of antibiotics I got a fecal transplant on October 11th. My cdiff has not returned, however I have been having a wide array of new symptoms since the transplant. Everything I eat causes extreme pain in my upper abdomen, extremely watery diarrhea 6+ times a day, constant nausea and vomiting. The nausea has gotten so bad that for the last 4 days I have been unable to keep food down and am only able to take small sips of water. I have lost 10 lbs in the past 7 days, 5 of those over the past 4 days. I have been to the er 3 times, I had a endoscopy and flex sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday and all pathologies came back normal. The only thing that came up is the z line is irregular. All of my labs have looked good as well. I get remicade infused every 8 weeks, I take zofran, phenergan, Prevacid, scopolamine patch, and Benadryl. My question is what do I do? Do I go to the er? I’m miserable, week, tired, I can’t take care of my kid and school has become impossible. Im nervous for the er, as they tend to no really believe me, and only focus on my Crohn’s, despit knowing it is in remission. Thank you in advance for any advise.
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › I caught Clostridium Difficile Colitis (cdiff), after antibiotics and fecal transplant I have pain, nausea and vomiting?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Can a corticosteroid shot to treat arthritis have side effects?
- I have a ankle fracture, do I need surgery?
- I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and vision in left eye, is it a brain tumor?
- Fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae, rods have fractured, will they need to be replaced?
- I have had elevated liver enzymes, is there a problem with my liver?
- I broke out in hives and itchy, swollen purple like skin, is this a consequence of my low blood test results?
- I have this sore on my neck on my hair line, is it skin cancer?
- Can a back injury cause kidney failure?
- I had a benign breast tumor removed, is it possible for the tumor to have returned?
- Can bruising on the chest be caused from a tubation on an anemic person after surgery?
- Thought I had a miscarriage, ultrasound showed that I didn’t, please advise?
- Considering my symptoms and tests, do I still have IGT (Impaired glucose tolerance)?
- This is an ultrasound of my baby’s spine. How does the spine look to you?
- I suffered a meniscal tear, can I start training again?
- My girl friend and I are blood relations, can we have children without risk?
- I had a flu shot, I’m not sure if the flu shot made me sicker?
- I have had a series of “boils” that started out as a pimple and got hard and painful, should I take some antibiotics?
- I have Atrial fibrillation ( AFib or AF), can a car accident have caused it?
- I just had a baby 4 months ago, is experiencing debilitating fatigue normal?
- I have had fever for 6 days and an enlarged lymph node on jaw?
- Experiencing painless bumps on penis, tests all negative, need second doctor opinion?
- During my period I get extremely lightheaded and feel as though I’m going to pass out?
- I think I have onychophagia, I thought I could stop this, please advise?
- Did I have a miscarriage or is it a normal period?
- I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago for endometriosis, have side effects please advise?
- I had an shoulder injury while playing football, what should I do next?
- I have been sick for the last 3 weeks, cold sore like blisters on eyelids?
- Do I really need to get a shot for Yellow Fever?
- My medication may be too high?
- I am urinating twice an hour, and feeling immense pressure to urinate?