I had a horseback riding accident and fell on my back pain is spreading?

Q: Hi my name is (…) i am 21, I had a horseback riding accident last week, and fell on my back, i do not remember how or where exactly i fell. The pain is located in the lower back. It was not bad at first but has grown stronger over the past few days, I have tried resting it but that has not helped either. Now the pain has been spreading down the back of my right thigh. It has been hurting when I stand, bend over, drive the car, carry my school bag, and anytime i lift my legs, or sneeze, I have trouble getting out of bed and walking . I would like to avoid getting xrays if possible since I had a similar accident 4 moths ago and sprained my lower back (or at least thats whats written on the doctors report) the pain then was much different from now. Can you please help me.
Thank you.

Medications: levothyroxine– after complete thyroidectomy in February


Doctor Answers And General Comments : (both members and visitors can post)

4 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
3 Comment authors
Dr Ahmed FawzyDr. Ayman DarragDr Mahaveer Recent comment authors
Notify of
Dr Mahaveer
Dr Mahaveer

i feel you may have sustained a spine fracture or a acute disc prolapse.
Need to get a Xray / MRI done.
Use spine back brace for support.
Consult a neurologist.

Dr. Ayman Darrag
Dr. Ayman Darrag

It is most probably a disc lesion if you have pain in lowerlimb not a strain of course..a MRI is the best diagnostic tool..or a good neurologist can examine you to define your problem..

Dr Ahmed Fawzy
Dr Ahmed Fawzy

Sorry but an x ray or MRI is important, your having sciatic pain which cannbe caused by compression fracture or disc lesion
Good Luck

Dr Ahmed Fawzy
Dr Ahmed Fawzy

And consult an orthopedic doctor