I am a 51 year old woman. I have not had a period in 9 months. I do experience occasional hot flashes, as well as mood swings, but nothing that I can’t live with. I am in good health, I don’t take any medication on a regular basis (ibuprofen sometimes, multivitamins when I remember, Alleve every once in a while), I weigh 118 lbs, I eat pretty healthy; I’ve been a vegetarian for 26 years. I rarely get sick, although I do suffer from some bad headaches every so often. Recently (in the last 4-5 months), I have been experiencing headaches that make me vomit. Fortunately, it’s only been once a month, but the headache was painful enough to wake me from a deep sleep, the the pain was such that I felt like my face was going to crack open. Each time I’ve gotten this headache, it’s been the same thing: Middle of the night, horrible pain in my face, at the base of my skull, and my forehead. Each time, it has made me vomit, but not right away. I suffer for a bit before the nausea kicks in. Also, when I do vomit, it’s bile-nothing that I had eaten the night before. I’m wondering if this could be hormonal, considering that fact that it only happens once a month, and I am not getting periods any longer. Thank you in advance for any information you can give me!
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have been experiencing headaches that make me vomit, I’m wondering if this could be hormonal?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a lump on the side of my thumb?
- Is this strep throat or pharyngitis?
- Does it make sense depleting immune system with active infection and no antibiotic?
- Is this what herpes feels like?
- I have this spot on my forehead, what is it?
- I had yeast, UTI and severe itch. Was tested but no STI?
- I believe I have ringworm. I have a red circular patch?
- Can a supplement be dangerous and cause Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- My son has a medical history of hydronephrosis in the kidney?
- I’ve had this spot on my tongue for about a year?
- I have the flu and bronchitis to go with or some type of lung infection?
- What can cause anal warts if STD test negative?
- Should I be worried about hiv ?
- Can shingles affect the gastro intestinal tract?
- I have had an extreme pain in my groin, that the doctors have not been able to figure out?
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?
- I’ve been having trouble swallowing the last couple of months?