I am a 51 year old woman. I have not had a period in 9 months. I do experience occasional hot flashes, as well as mood swings, but nothing that I can’t live with. I am in good health, I don’t take any medication on a regular basis (ibuprofen sometimes, multivitamins when I remember, Alleve every once in a while), I weigh 118 lbs, I eat pretty healthy; I’ve been a vegetarian for 26 years. I rarely get sick, although I do suffer from some bad headaches every so often. Recently (in the last 4-5 months), I have been experiencing headaches that make me vomit. Fortunately, it’s only been once a month, but the headache was painful enough to wake me from a deep sleep, the the pain was such that I felt like my face was going to crack open. Each time I’ve gotten this headache, it’s been the same thing: Middle of the night, horrible pain in my face, at the base of my skull, and my forehead. Each time, it has made me vomit, but not right away. I suffer for a bit before the nausea kicks in. Also, when I do vomit, it’s bile-nothing that I had eaten the night before. I’m wondering if this could be hormonal, considering that fact that it only happens once a month, and I am not getting periods any longer. Thank you in advance for any information you can give me!
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have been experiencing headaches that make me vomit, I’m wondering if this could be hormonal?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have been a vegetarian for about 12 months now?
- I have pain behind my left knee?
- I am in my 31st week of pregnancy and just had an ultrasound done before yesterday?
- I have an ammonia smell in underwear but no discharge, what can it be?
- I developed a white, flaky kind of skin on my penis?
- I was prescribed Klavox 1g twice a day to treat ear infection?
- So for a month my heart rate when i woke up was 110, 112?
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?
- I’ve got candida, seemingly yeast infection in urinary tract?
- For spider bites. when they bite. do they just draw blood, or are they also injecting venom?
- I am planning for an hGH treatment with the goal to repair the various healthy tissue, and build up the appearance of the skin?
- My face is pale almost white compared to my tanned body?
- Six months ago my new GP put me on the anticoagulant Rivaroxaban?
- I started spotting on August 1st 4 days before my period?