I am a 51 year old woman. I have not had a period in 9 months. I do experience occasional hot flashes, as well as mood swings, but nothing that I can’t live with. I am in good health, I don’t take any medication on a regular basis (ibuprofen sometimes, multivitamins when I remember, Alleve every once in a while), I weigh 118 lbs, I eat pretty healthy; I’ve been a vegetarian for 26 years. I rarely get sick, although I do suffer from some bad headaches every so often. Recently (in the last 4-5 months), I have been experiencing headaches that make me vomit. Fortunately, it’s only been once a month, but the headache was painful enough to wake me from a deep sleep, the the pain was such that I felt like my face was going to crack open. Each time I’ve gotten this headache, it’s been the same thing: Middle of the night, horrible pain in my face, at the base of my skull, and my forehead. Each time, it has made me vomit, but not right away. I suffer for a bit before the nausea kicks in. Also, when I do vomit, it’s bile-nothing that I had eaten the night before. I’m wondering if this could be hormonal, considering that fact that it only happens once a month, and I am not getting periods any longer. Thank you in advance for any information you can give me!
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have been experiencing headaches that make me vomit, I’m wondering if this could be hormonal?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have inflammation of my meso rectal fat, what does that mean?
- I had electrocautery to remove genital warts, should my partner do the same?
- I have a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates and I think possibly a nasal polyp, what can be done?
- I received a pneumonia, flu, tetanus vaccine, is my reaction normal?
- I have a cyst on testicle, should I get it removed surgically?
- I feel a pressure on the cartilage in my throat, any ideas what it can be?
- I have chronic sinus, is there something that can be done?
- I have unusual weight gain problems, what is the cause?
- I have Urticaria ( hives on the skin), could this be Cushing syndrome?
- I have severe anemia, what can I do?
- I had a liver transplant, how can I remove stretchmarks on my back and stomach?
- I had a vasectomy now have blood in my semen (seminal fluid), will it stop?
- I am extremely tired, suffer from chronic diarrhea, stiff joints, please advise?
- I have a boil on my skin, how can I treat it?
- I had a vaginal hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, now bleeding?
- I’m having a problem with my sinuses, major headaches and nose bleeds?
- My daughter has migraines since she was 2 years old, now getting worse?
- I have ED issues and experience pain during orgasm?
- My son broke his tibia and fibula, is it safe to manually manipulate the fragment in place by hand?
- I had unprotected oral sex, do I have symptoms of HIV or STDs?
- Feel discomfort in arm after accident with plates and screws installed surgically.
- I am worried I have throat / tonsil cancer, is this cancer or anything to be concerned about?
- I broke the bottom part of my ankle bone, how can I make it heal?
- Intestinal virus seems to act up again, I was sick again, please advise?
- Doctor said I might have light asthma, or is it Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
- How often can I take Lantus?
- I did a home dipstick urinalysis test, should I be worried about the results?
- I suffer from pain in upper left side of the mandibular, what is causing this?
- I was sick to my stomach, is it something serious?
- Failed In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF), does HSG confirm tubal disconnection?