I am a 28 year old female. I have been experiencing upper right abdominal pain on a daily basis for 5 months. I have normal bowel movements daily, no nausea, no fever, no vomiting, no other symptoms except this side pain. It ranges from a sharp, quick burning pain to a constant dull pain and happens several times throughout the day and doesn’t seem to be connected to food intake. I have had blood work done, an upper abdominal ultrasound, a breath test to see if it’s an ulcer — all came back clear. I was put on Nexium for 14 days, the pain went away on days 12,13, and 14 and I was pain free for about 5 days after and then the pains returned. My doctor wants to put me on daily Nexium without explaining what’s going on and I don’t want this to be a cover up to a real problem or a medicine I have to live on the rest of my life. If helpful, I have gained about 30 lbs over the last 8 months after switching to a desk job – this has made me about 15 lbs overweight. The only medication I take is a daily birth control pill: Lo Loestrin Fe. Any help or insight into this pain would be appreciated.
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › I have been experiencing upper right abdominal pain on a daily basis for 5 months, no solution from doctor?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have this spot on my forehead, what is it?
- I had yeast, UTI and severe itch. Was tested but no STI?
- I believe I have ringworm. I have a red circular patch?
- Can a supplement be dangerous and cause Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- My son has a medical history of hydronephrosis in the kidney?
- I’ve had this spot on my tongue for about a year?
- I have the flu and bronchitis to go with or some type of lung infection?
- What can cause anal warts if STD test negative?
- Should I be worried about hiv ?
- Can shingles affect the gastro intestinal tract?
- I have had an extreme pain in my groin, that the doctors have not been able to figure out?
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?
- I’ve been having trouble swallowing the last couple of months?
- My shirt touched the bathroom stall, could this result in me getting anything?
- I got food stuck in my esophagus and spent several hours in severe pain?
- I have a rash in the corner of my mouth?
- I had femoral epiphysis surgery 45 years, experienced pain in my left knee after workouts?