Hi, I am a 35 yr old female. I have had 4 back surgeries first was a laminectomy of l4-5 in 2000, then an artificial disc replacement at same level in 2005. They left the artificial disc in and did a fusion of l4-s1 in 2013, which had to be revised the next day due to 2 of the screws at the l4-5 level being too big. Recently I’ve been having a lot of pain, especially when I bend forward and try to straighten up. So I had an xray and mri done. The xray shows anterolisthesis of l4-l5 of 4.8 mm which increases to 5.3 with extension. My pain doctor referred me to a surgeon, a different one than the one who did the fusion, I did not want to go back to him. He says this type of movement is abnormal. I went back a nd looked at previous xrays, a nd a month after the fusion it shows 3 mm of anterolisthesis with flexion. Why would this have been doing this after the fusion? I noticed it has increased in mm with time. Can anyone give me their opinion on what is going on?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have had 4 back surgeries I’ve been having a lot of pain, especially when I bend forward?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I contracted chlamydia towards the end of February. I was tested positive then “negative” to a positive?
- Is this an erupted cold sore or a pimple?
- I have sinus. Infections a lot and allergies. Had two sinus surgeries?
- Will percocet and hydrocodone show up on a 5 panel test?
- I have a line that has formed on my forehead due to wearing a tight wave cap?
- I am preparing to have bariatric surgery?
- Is there an alternative drug/medication for nerve pain and depression for my father that aren’t addictive?
- I have white spots with pus on my arm?
- I have had headaches for the past 2 days?
- Would lower back surgery allow me to have normal activities?
- I’ve had chronic diarrhea for two years since I had hip replacement?
- Every time I pass a stool I have a sharp knife – like pain on the right side of my anus?
- Is this red rash ringworm or dermatitis?
- My wife is an amputee and has had phantom pain for four days now?
- Will clonazepam show a positive drug screen on the DOT drug screen?
- Over a 24 hour period I took at least 4 paracetemal every 4 hours?
- Can Ellaone morning after pill (MAP) cause future period’s to be irregular?
- I have noticed a small lump on the left side of my testicle?
- I have a growth on the glans of my penis?
- I have frozen hands, spine pain and shoulder pain?
- I experience anxiety, I want to start meditation?
- Medical Marijuana: Can cannabis help my Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- My husband is paraplegic and has developed a pressure sore on the left buttock that goes to the bone?
- I have diagnosed eustachian tube dysfunction with tinnitus?
- I’ve been diagnosed with trichomoniasis?
- I have these glitch feeling in my head in the temporal lobe?
- I have shooting pain when bending or moving?
- Can Budd Chiari be caused by a birth defect?
- Can medical marijuana help with ovarian cysts?
- Symptoms started 2 years ago after doing anabolic steroids?