Hi, I am a 35 yr old female. I have had 4 back surgeries first was a laminectomy of l4-5 in 2000, then an artificial disc replacement at same level in 2005. They left the artificial disc in and did a fusion of l4-s1 in 2013, which had to be revised the next day due to 2 of the screws at the l4-5 level being too big. Recently I’ve been having a lot of pain, especially when I bend forward and try to straighten up. So I had an xray and mri done. The xray shows anterolisthesis of l4-l5 of 4.8 mm which increases to 5.3 with extension. My pain doctor referred me to a surgeon, a different one than the one who did the fusion, I did not want to go back to him. He says this type of movement is abnormal. I went back a nd looked at previous xrays, a nd a month after the fusion it shows 3 mm of anterolisthesis with flexion. Why would this have been doing this after the fusion? I noticed it has increased in mm with time. Can anyone give me their opinion on what is going on?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have had 4 back surgeries I’ve been having a lot of pain, especially when I bend forward?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?
- I’ve got candida, seemingly yeast infection in urinary tract?
- For spider bites. when they bite. do they just draw blood, or are they also injecting venom?
- I am planning for an hGH treatment with the goal to repair the various healthy tissue, and build up the appearance of the skin?
- My face is pale almost white compared to my tanned body?
- Six months ago my new GP put me on the anticoagulant Rivaroxaban?
- I started spotting on August 1st 4 days before my period?
- Can you explain this report of CT SCAN of part of the brain?
- I have low blood readings of red blood cells?
- Can I give my 4 year old daughter Children’s Allegra Allergy fexofenadine?
- I’ve noticed my hair thinning at the center of the top of my scalp?
- Mouth culture test report?
- One of my tonsils is swollen i have some kind of white patches on the side of my tongue?
- Effect of Isopropyl alcohol in gastrointestinal tract?