Hi, I am a 35 yr old female. I have had 4 back surgeries first was a laminectomy of l4-5 in 2000, then an artificial disc replacement at same level in 2005. They left the artificial disc in and did a fusion of l4-s1 in 2013, which had to be revised the next day due to 2 of the screws at the l4-5 level being too big. Recently I’ve been having a lot of pain, especially when I bend forward and try to straighten up. So I had an xray and mri done. The xray shows anterolisthesis of l4-l5 of 4.8 mm which increases to 5.3 with extension. My pain doctor referred me to a surgeon, a different one than the one who did the fusion, I did not want to go back to him. He says this type of movement is abnormal. I went back a nd looked at previous xrays, a nd a month after the fusion it shows 3 mm of anterolisthesis with flexion. Why would this have been doing this after the fusion? I noticed it has increased in mm with time. Can anyone give me their opinion on what is going on?
Home › Medical Questions › General › I have had 4 back surgeries I’ve been having a lot of pain, especially when I bend forward?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have an inguinal hernia, should I get an operation?
- I suffer from loss of appetite, feeling of fullness, vomiting ?
- I have had a severe sinus cold which has affected my sense of smell?
- I always develop a bad cough near the end of the year?
- I had several panic attack episodes and I take Valium, now experience fear attacks?
- I keep getting colds and sinusitis, can it be that I have a low immune system?
- My condom tore while having intercourse with woman with AIDS?
- I have developed numbness in my right side over a period of a few months
- I have had irregular periods, now feel nauseous?
- I have had cataract surgery and now my eye is red?
- This morning my stools were covered with a white mold?
- I have itching, burning feeling in urethra is it urethritis?
- I was diagnosed with C.difficile?
- I have knee pain when standing up?
- I suffer with pain in both feet with a burning sensation and redness?
- Experiencing sharp pain upper abdomen on the right side?
- I have a white blood count of 12000, is this a problem?
- I have pimples and a little rash on the side of my face?
- I haven’t had my periods twice?
- I have wax buildup in my ear?
- I have been a vegetarian for about 12 months now?
- I have pain behind my left knee?
- I am in my 31st week of pregnancy and just had an ultrasound done before yesterday?
- I have an ammonia smell in underwear but no discharge, what can it be?
- I developed a white, flaky kind of skin on my penis?
- I was prescribed Klavox 1g twice a day to treat ear infection?
- So for a month my heart rate when i woke up was 110, 112?
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?