I started having a pain in my upper right abdomen that moved to my lower right abdomen?

About 9 days ago I started having a pain in my upper right abdomen that moved to my lower right abdomen. The pain was intense at time. 7 days ago I went to emergency and they did an exam and heard my other complaints (not eating, diarrhea). My blood levels came back with elevated white cells. They were just about ready to send me to surgery when they decided to give me a cat scan which came back clear. In the interim I had a big infusion of antibiotics. I was discharged.

5 days ago I had the blood work re-done and my white cells were normal. However, the pain continued, albeit intermittently.

Now the pain is still there. My urine was checked and it was fine. The pain is intermittent but when it comes it is localized in one spot and feels hot and burning. The diarrhea and some lack of appetite continue.

What does this sound like? What should I do?

Doctor Answers And General Comments : (both members and visitors can post)

4 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
Dr.HoneyDr. Ayman DarragDr MahaveerDr Ahmed Fawzy Recent comment authors
Notify of
Dr Ahmed Fawzy
Dr Ahmed Fawzy

This sounds like appendicitis , only other possibility is intestinal block
I am really convinced it is appendicitis (You said pain in my upper right abdomen that moved to my lower right abdomen , antibiotics did some improvement and pain is now in a spot)
Good Luck

Dr Mahaveer
Dr Mahaveer

small intestine inflammation,appendicitis or ascending colon inflammation can cause this.
get a ultrasound of abdomen /HRCT to confirm the diagnosis.
consult a gastroenteroloist.

Dr. Ayman Darrag
Dr. Ayman Darrag

In my opinion you have had appendicitis with chronic IBS,is there any nausea?vomiting? Fever ?


Thanks for the query..

The symptoms can be due to Gastritis while it can also be due to other causes like Appendicitis, IBS or intestinal obstruction..

So it will be better to consult a Gastroenterologist and get evaluated and get an endoscopy done and complete blood picture done..

Hope this helps..