Question: Is it toxic shock syndrome

Friday night, I woke up around 2 a.m. feeling nauseous and feverish. I realized i had forgotten about the tampon i put in before bed, and i immediately took it out. The next morning, Saturday, i woke up, threw up, had a fever with a headache all day. I took ibuprofen and drank a lot of water which seemed to help. Sunday morning, i woke up and my hands were puffy, red and itchy. I thought nothing much of it and went on with my day. I took some allergy medicine before bed. Today, my hands are developing a rash and so are my feet. I have not had the flu-like symptoms since they disappeared Friday night. Does this have to do with toxic shock syndrome? If not, what could it be and what should i do?

This Question Is Open to Answers -Post Your Comment Below

Notify of
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
10:06 am

its not a toxic shock syndrome.. dont worry. as its symptoms are pretty severe and more.

this seems to be a allergic reaction to the tampoon or something else. the only remedy for this is using a anti allergic-steroid cream on rashes and taking oral anti allergic tablets.

if it doesnt help, consult a physician / dermatologist