Hi there. I’ve seen various doctors since November 2016 in regard to a ‘severe ear infection’ – as all the doctors have described. I’ve been put on amoxicillin and 3 types of ear drop antibiotics since then. Albeit none of these medications have worked. Some days the pain is so unbearable causing me to hold my ears as tight as I can in an effort to relieve the pain. When the doctors have had a look in my ear, they all have said that my ear canal is very inflamed and swollen – as well as my ear drum. I now feel that the pain is travelling to my jaw and all around my ear – both inside and outside. I cleaned my ears this evening with an ear bud, and when I pressed on a particularly sore part inside my ear, there was a very very dark brown discharge present on the ear bud. Does anyone know what might be wrong with my ears? I’m sick of not being taken seriously by the doctors I have seen these past few months.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I’ve seen various doctors since November 2016 in regard to a ‘severe ear infection’?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Skin rash or is this spot skin cancer?
- I am positive carrier for the Kell antigen, can I donate or receive blood?
- I have inflammation of my meso rectal fat, what does that mean?
- I had electrocautery to remove genital warts, should my partner do the same?
- I have a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates and I think possibly a nasal polyp, what can be done?
- I received a pneumonia, flu, tetanus vaccine, is my reaction normal?
- I have a cyst on testicle, should I get it removed surgically?
- I feel a pressure on the cartilage in my throat, any ideas what it can be?
- I have chronic sinus, is there something that can be done?
- I have unusual weight gain problems, what is the cause?
- I have Urticaria ( hives on the skin), could this be Cushing syndrome?
- I have severe anemia, what can I do?
- I had a liver transplant, how can I remove stretchmarks on my back and stomach?
- I had a vasectomy now have blood in my semen (seminal fluid), will it stop?
- I am extremely tired, suffer from chronic diarrhea, stiff joints, please advise?
- I have a boil on my skin, how can I treat it?
- I had a vaginal hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, now bleeding?
- I’m having a problem with my sinuses, major headaches and nose bleeds?
- My daughter has migraines since she was 2 years old, now getting worse?
- I have ED issues and experience pain during orgasm?
- My son broke his tibia and fibula, is it safe to manually manipulate the fragment in place by hand?
- I had unprotected oral sex, do I have symptoms of HIV or STDs?
- Feel discomfort in arm after accident with plates and screws installed surgically.
- I am worried I have throat / tonsil cancer, is this cancer or anything to be concerned about?
- I broke the bottom part of my ankle bone, how can I make it heal?
- Intestinal virus seems to act up again, I was sick again, please advise?
- Doctor said I might have light asthma, or is it Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
- How often can I take Lantus?
- I did a home dipstick urinalysis test, should I be worried about the results?
- I suffer from pain in upper left side of the mandibular, what is causing this?