Hi there. I’ve seen various doctors since November 2016 in regard to a ‘severe ear infection’ – as all the doctors have described. I’ve been put on amoxicillin and 3 types of ear drop antibiotics since then. Albeit none of these medications have worked. Some days the pain is so unbearable causing me to hold my ears as tight as I can in an effort to relieve the pain. When the doctors have had a look in my ear, they all have said that my ear canal is very inflamed and swollen – as well as my ear drum. I now feel that the pain is travelling to my jaw and all around my ear – both inside and outside. I cleaned my ears this evening with an ear bud, and when I pressed on a particularly sore part inside my ear, there was a very very dark brown discharge present on the ear bud. Does anyone know what might be wrong with my ears? I’m sick of not being taken seriously by the doctors I have seen these past few months.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I’ve seen various doctors since November 2016 in regard to a ‘severe ear infection’?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a growth in throat what can this be?
- I have a lump on the side of my thumb?
- Is this strep throat or pharyngitis?
- Does it make sense depleting immune system with active infection and no antibiotic?
- Is this what herpes feels like?
- I have this spot on my forehead, what is it?
- I had yeast, UTI and severe itch. Was tested but no STI?
- I believe I have ringworm. I have a red circular patch?
- Can a supplement be dangerous and cause Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- My son has a medical history of hydronephrosis in the kidney?
- I’ve had this spot on my tongue for about a year?
- I have the flu and bronchitis to go with or some type of lung infection?
- What can cause anal warts if STD test negative?
- Should I be worried about hiv ?
- Can shingles affect the gastro intestinal tract?
- I have had an extreme pain in my groin, that the doctors have not been able to figure out?
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?