Hi there. I’ve seen various doctors since November 2016 in regard to a ‘severe ear infection’ – as all the doctors have described. I’ve been put on amoxicillin and 3 types of ear drop antibiotics since then. Albeit none of these medications have worked. Some days the pain is so unbearable causing me to hold my ears as tight as I can in an effort to relieve the pain. When the doctors have had a look in my ear, they all have said that my ear canal is very inflamed and swollen – as well as my ear drum. I now feel that the pain is travelling to my jaw and all around my ear – both inside and outside. I cleaned my ears this evening with an ear bud, and when I pressed on a particularly sore part inside my ear, there was a very very dark brown discharge present on the ear bud. Does anyone know what might be wrong with my ears? I’m sick of not being taken seriously by the doctors I have seen these past few months.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I’ve seen various doctors since November 2016 in regard to a ‘severe ear infection’?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I currently have a sharp pain on the top right of my foot?
- I had a heart attack 4 years ago and had 3 stents placed in my arteries?
- I had a fracture and the doctor kept my leg in a cast for over 6 weeks?
- I have skin rashes for almost half a year?
- I have a sore by my testicle area?
- There is a white lump just above/ beside my urethra?
- I have been having leg cramps that feels like charlie horses?
- My GP told me that I have very low blood pressure and anemia?
- Need dental work done?
- Pressure inside my head almost like something might burst?
- I need your opinion on A1C?
- I had a knee operation 13 months ago?
- I am detoxing from alcohol?
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?