I am writing you on behalf of my fiance, she is 37. Her medical history includes a long bout with insomnia, thyroid problems, digestion problems, her gallbladder was removed in june, and recently she has had trouble with low potassium and magnesium levels. On oct. 26th she went into the hospital for stomach issues and came out wit no use of her legs, they gradually weakened over a period of about a week until one day they were useless. She describes a numbness combined with what she calls painful pinpoint fireworks all over her body. She was diagnosed with giallam barret syndrome. The hospital began treatment for it. After the 1st day of treatment she was transferred to UNC, within 2 days they determined she did not have giallim barret, they tested her and the test came back negative. So they sent her back to cape fear valley hospital where they continued treatment even though she tested negative for it at UNC. They never told us what was wrong with her, or why she could no longer walk. On Friday nov. 18th they discharged her. And now I’ve had to stop working to take full 24 hr care. And the numbness is spreading up throughout her body. Her arms and hands are going now, she can barely use them, and her entire body is in pain, her back, neck, legs, feet, ache constantly and intensely, she describes her body as one big exposed tingling nerve. We have returned to 2 separate hospitals since then, only to be sent home with no explanation oh any help. Her inability to use her legs has been going on for over 3 weeks now. Her normal medications are ambien, seriquill, trazidone, also a senthoid, symbalta, and the hospital gave her gabapenton which seems to do nothing for her.
Home › Medical Questions › General › My fiance can no longer walk, diagnosed with giallam barret incorrectly, hospital has no explanation?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I had developed pain and a hard swelling under the skin directly behind the anus?
- My fear is that any bacteria or anything else that my family could catch from these towels?
- My husband is 52 years old. He has been taking amitriptyline 10 mg a day for approx 24 years
- My mother (86yo) had 3 of her parathyroids removed a few years ago and is having problems stabilizing?
- What would happen if a female with a normal thyroid level took 200mcg Synthroid for weight loss?
- My problem is no energy, shopping for groceries takes all my energy?
- I am starting to suspect that I may have some circulatory issues?
- I had these black marks under my penis?
- I have this tender “bubble” on my anus, is this something I should get checked out?
- Is it normal to have a death wish and to be consumed with the idea of death?
- Can Vitamin B12/D3deficiency or Homocystein imbalance cause lack of interest and poor concentration?
- When I have sex with my partner, I don’t have orgasms?
- I have a constant pain in my right groin area which radiates to my inner thigh?
- Low grade fever and high bp since January, swollen lymph nodes since march?
- My husband woke up with a two puncture wound, 2mm big, that looks like fang marks?
- I had unprotected sex and the next morning I had a couple vaginal sores?
- A hooker performed unprotected oral sex on me?
- I used Epsom salt in a foot bath a week ago to treat my ingrown toenail?
- I felt like vomiting, but I thought that it was because of the fatigue?
- Suffering from shortness of breath associated with high blood pressure?
- I have had an increasing level of pain. Localized on the back left side of my head?
- My toe has turned black, what is wrong?
- What happens when you lose sensation to have bowel movement?
- Feeling pain in her upper arm (left)
- Waking up at 1:00am with chills that last about an hour?
- I was wearing adult diapers to keep my bed dry?
- What is a good product to increase libido?
- What could be the cause of the heavy bleeding and clotting?
- I am leaking semen constantly all day and night and can’t stop?
- For the past 2 weeks I’ve had painful burning sensation?