Hello doctor, earlier last week my grandfather passed away. It was unfortunate and even weird… the doctors had told us that he was suffering from ARDS. We were not convinced, especially after there was an episode of him falling and choking due to some food that got in his lungs. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital on December 15, 2016 and passed away on January 2, 2017. He had a stroke the day he was admitted, leading to the doctors figuring out that he had bleeding in the brain. His blood pressure was high and he was complaining about headaches. About 5-6 days later, his brain was starting to heal and his blood pressure had gotten better. He was doing way better. The only problem was that he was not eating properly. The doctors said that he was given a swallowing test and passed, they even gave him nausea medicine answered laxative, he was still not eating. Just 7 days after he was admitted, (a day or two after he was showing signs of recovery) he apparently choked on food and flat lined. The nurse found him on the floor, they don’t know how long… the doctors worked on him for 10 minutes and finally got a pulse back, reviving him. The doctors were not sure if he had a heart attack or a seizure and diagnosed him with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Note: my grandfather was a diabetic and had a few strokes beforehand (like months- to years ago). I need to know your thoughts and what you think he was really diagnosed with, I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that they found him on the floor choking with an amount of minutes they didn’t even know.
Home › Medical Questions › Medical Malpractice - Negligence › My grandfather passed away at hospital, choked on food?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- My father has been diagnosed with colon cancer, is surgery the only option?
- I have mostly on the right side pelvic pain though sometimes I feel it on the left?
- After the colonoscopy, I was assured that although it needs to be done again, they couldn’t see anything?
- When can a Clearview HIV test be done and how fast are results obtained?
- My niece has a lump that has started one week ago?
- I have had an infection in my finger for About 8 days?
- Suspicious lumps and bumps, genital warts?
- I am 45 and in perimenopause. I no longer have regular periods?
- I started with a late period. I also started to have nausea, minor headaches, and fatigue
- I was recently told by my Dr that my anemia is a level 9 and put on a iron supplement?
- I have a twitch in my left thumb-it occasionally moves on it own?
- I’ve just been prescribed Ramipril for high blood pressure?
- I have been having lower left pelvic pain that radiates to my groin, down my upper front thigh, hip and to lower back?
- I had substantial pain and bruising and what felt like a hard lump under the skin?
- When I urinate not much comes out and it burns a lot?
- I had some episodes of pressure behind my eyes, sudden tiredness followed by eye twitching and twitching on right side of face?
- I have a sharp and throbbing pain on the right side of my left toenail?
- I am unsure what my cycle is like when I’m not on the pill, but I am on day 33 with no period?
- My feet turn bluish (once dark purple) when sitting and back to normal when walking?
- Is Citalopram causing these problems?
- Doctors want to push postpartum depression pills again?
- I am suffering from dyspepsia and pain under my belly button?
- I have had frequent bowel movements?
- I have a tight feeling in my chest and short of breath?
- I have been tested at the two week mark and was negative for all STI’s but I have a red lump on my neck?
- I suffer from lower back pain on a daily basis period severe neck pain migraines?
- I had an underlying cancer of some sort that metastasize into my lymph node but was unaware of it?
- Suffering from concentration problems, sweating at night, cold hands, feet and headaches?
- Is it normal for pain remains even after 9 days of vertebroplasty procedure?
- I have what looks like a splinter hemorrhage on my thumbnail?