Hello doctor, earlier last week my grandfather passed away. It was unfortunate and even weird… the doctors had told us that he was suffering from ARDS. We were not convinced, especially after there was an episode of him falling and choking due to some food that got in his lungs. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital on December 15, 2016 and passed away on January 2, 2017. He had a stroke the day he was admitted, leading to the doctors figuring out that he had bleeding in the brain. His blood pressure was high and he was complaining about headaches. About 5-6 days later, his brain was starting to heal and his blood pressure had gotten better. He was doing way better. The only problem was that he was not eating properly. The doctors said that he was given a swallowing test and passed, they even gave him nausea medicine answered laxative, he was still not eating. Just 7 days after he was admitted, (a day or two after he was showing signs of recovery) he apparently choked on food and flat lined. The nurse found him on the floor, they don’t know how long… the doctors worked on him for 10 minutes and finally got a pulse back, reviving him. The doctors were not sure if he had a heart attack or a seizure and diagnosed him with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Note: my grandfather was a diabetic and had a few strokes beforehand (like months- to years ago). I need to know your thoughts and what you think he was really diagnosed with, I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that they found him on the floor choking with an amount of minutes they didn’t even know.
Home › Medical Questions › Medical Malpractice - Negligence › My grandfather passed away at hospital, choked on food?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have been a vegetarian for about 12 months now?
- I have pain behind my left knee?
- I am in my 31st week of pregnancy and just had an ultrasound done before yesterday?
- I have an ammonia smell in underwear but no discharge, what can it be?
- I developed a white, flaky kind of skin on my penis?
- I was prescribed Klavox 1g twice a day to treat ear infection?
- So for a month my heart rate when i woke up was 110, 112?
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?
- I’ve got candida, seemingly yeast infection in urinary tract?
- For spider bites. when they bite. do they just draw blood, or are they also injecting venom?
- I am planning for an hGH treatment with the goal to repair the various healthy tissue, and build up the appearance of the skin?
- My face is pale almost white compared to my tanned body?
- Six months ago my new GP put me on the anticoagulant Rivaroxaban?
- I started spotting on August 1st 4 days before my period?