59 yr male, had my first ever sinus infection, doc on vacation, nurse prescribed 10 days of Cefdinir on Aug 2nd 2016. Never had a drug reaction but had to stop this on day 5,nausea and diarrhea bad. Was then given Amoxicillin which I’ve taken for 30 years and fixed the sinus problem. As the effects warning says 2 months later Oct 15th comes back. Since then I’ve had nothing but bananas,rice,oatmeal,soup,water and powerade drink.Taken kefir,bottle of 50 billion colon care.Went to ER Dec 10th, blood work and stool sample for C-Diff, test was Negative.ER doc says 30 days of fiber and florostor will clear it up.4 Days later on Dec 14th Gastor calls, I tell the nurse I just had the c-diff test,she talks to gastro doc and tells me the only thing they can do is give me colonoscopy and if my colon is inflamed nothing they can do, will just make it worse, if not inflamed give me a prescription.Since Dec 10th have taken over 90 Florostor and am now taking Digestive Advantage with it, also taken a package of Culturelle. Since the effects of this drug came back Oct 15th I’ve lost almost 30 lbs, haven’t had anything to eat or drink for 3 months except as stated above.Got the flu 15 years ago, never a drug reaction, have a BM withing 30mins every morning for 40 years, never had constipation or diarrhea till this drug.How do I get this horrible drug out of me.When checking this drug Omnicef comes up, was the active ingredient and did the same then as now, Just have brown water, no stool. Others have stated after endless test which found nothing, their doctors told them to just keep taking probiotics and it would eventually go away. Any ideas how to stop this, can’t work, my life is being destroyed by an antibiotic, Thanks,(…)
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › Nurse prescribed 10 days of Cefdinir, had terrible drug reaction, how can I stop this?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a line that has formed on my forehead due to wearing a tight wave cap?
- I am preparing to have bariatric surgery?
- Is there an alternative drug/medication for nerve pain and depression for my father that aren’t addictive?
- I have white spots with pus on my arm?
- I have had headaches for the past 2 days?
- Would lower back surgery allow me to have normal activities?
- I’ve had chronic diarrhea for two years since I had hip replacement?
- Every time I pass a stool I have a sharp knife – like pain on the right side of my anus?
- Is this red rash ringworm or dermatitis?
- My wife is an amputee and has had phantom pain for four days now?
- Will clonazepam show a positive drug screen on the DOT drug screen?
- Over a 24 hour period I took at least 4 paracetemal every 4 hours?
- Can Ellaone morning after pill (MAP) cause future period’s to be irregular?
- I have noticed a small lump on the left side of my testicle?
- I have a growth on the glans of my penis?
- I have frozen hands, spine pain and shoulder pain?
- I experience anxiety, I want to start meditation?
- Medical Marijuana: Can cannabis help my Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- My husband is paraplegic and has developed a pressure sore on the left buttock that goes to the bone?
- I have diagnosed eustachian tube dysfunction with tinnitus?
- I’ve been diagnosed with trichomoniasis?
- I have these glitch feeling in my head in the temporal lobe?
- I have shooting pain when bending or moving?
- Can Budd Chiari be caused by a birth defect?
- Can medical marijuana help with ovarian cysts?
- Symptoms started 2 years ago after doing anabolic steroids?
- Just wanting to know if my MRI of my neck is anything to be concerned about?
- Blood when passing stools?
- I’ve a problem with having to bend forward when I walk?
- I have a three inch cut on my fore leg?