59 yr male, had my first ever sinus infection, doc on vacation, nurse prescribed 10 days of Cefdinir on Aug 2nd 2016. Never had a drug reaction but had to stop this on day 5,nausea and diarrhea bad. Was then given Amoxicillin which I’ve taken for 30 years and fixed the sinus problem. As the effects warning says 2 months later Oct 15th comes back. Since then I’ve had nothing but bananas,rice,oatmeal,soup,water and powerade drink.Taken kefir,bottle of 50 billion colon care.Went to ER Dec 10th, blood work and stool sample for C-Diff, test was Negative.ER doc says 30 days of fiber and florostor will clear it up.4 Days later on Dec 14th Gastor calls, I tell the nurse I just had the c-diff test,she talks to gastro doc and tells me the only thing they can do is give me colonoscopy and if my colon is inflamed nothing they can do, will just make it worse, if not inflamed give me a prescription.Since Dec 10th have taken over 90 Florostor and am now taking Digestive Advantage with it, also taken a package of Culturelle. Since the effects of this drug came back Oct 15th I’ve lost almost 30 lbs, haven’t had anything to eat or drink for 3 months except as stated above.Got the flu 15 years ago, never a drug reaction, have a BM withing 30mins every morning for 40 years, never had constipation or diarrhea till this drug.How do I get this horrible drug out of me.When checking this drug Omnicef comes up, was the active ingredient and did the same then as now, Just have brown water, no stool. Others have stated after endless test which found nothing, their doctors told them to just keep taking probiotics and it would eventually go away. Any ideas how to stop this, can’t work, my life is being destroyed by an antibiotic, Thanks,(…)
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › Nurse prescribed 10 days of Cefdinir, had terrible drug reaction, how can I stop this?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I hit my head. No signs of concussion but still sensitive, please advise?
- I got a nasty blister on my foot and I swelled up?
- I was diagnosed with Type A influenza with bronchial thickening, is this anything to be worried about?
- I have a lump in my breast, is it cancer?
- Is it safe to take both Tylenol Acetaminophen and Aleve Naproxen at the same time?
- Pain in stomach when I eat, is it something serious?
- I have been diagnosed with clinical depression what are the best anti-depression medications?
- I have acne breakouts and head pain, is this caused by menopause?
- I am pregnant, is it twins and are my thyroid levels normal?
- I have a scaly rash on my chest, need a second opinion?
- I have a black toenail, what could cause it and what could be done?
- Woke up with chills and fever, is it due to flu shot?
- Can prednisone cause my vision to get blurred?
- Is this an ingrown hair or something more serious?
- Is it the same virus that causes sores inside and outside the mouth?
- Lab results show high total iron and % saturation, please advise?
- I have slowly lost my taste and smell, what has caused this?
- I tore my frenulum and started to bleed, do I need stitches?
- I am scared of getting a blood test, what should I do?
- I am suffering from hair loss but I’m only 19 years old, is that normal?
- I had a steroid injection, when will I feel improvement?
- Can a plan B contraception mess up your cycle?
- I have been losing weight lately without dieting, what can be the problem?
- I have been having body wide muscle twitching, is it ALS Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis?
- I had a UTI received antibiotic for severe kidney infection?
- My 12 year old girl isn’t feeling well?
- I have headaches that last between 1 to 2 days?
- Uncontrollable shaking of the body from the neck down?
- I have a spot on my face, can this be skin cancer?
- I’m trying to have a baby with my wife, here’s lab report?