CT scan found a 5mm Stone in left kidney (oxalate stones) took antibiotics but pain is now back?

I am 25 years of age male from India, In the year 2016, that is exactly in the month of May i had a mild pain in my left abdomen and later in the end of the month, it eventually the pain was increased and on june i consulted my family doctor for the treatment, later after CT scan, there was 5mm Stone in left kidney (oxalate stones) and for 3 months have took the antibiotics and followed the treatment also. Later i could see there was no pain at all in my abdomen.

Then i have transferred to another state of India from my hometown on November 2016, where after that there was a pain in same lower abdomen on left side and continued for a month, so again on december 2016 i had a CT scan, bu the result shows that i don’t have an stones at all in my kidney.

But for the past one month i have a pain in my same place and once in a week , there is a digestive problem also . So kindly guide me what i have to do.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Ahmed Fawzy
12:43 am

First of all oxalate stone is not treated by antibiotics, in my opinion you had a bacterial Infection so I recommend a urine culture to identify bacteria and it’s drug sensitivity , did you take any other medications than antibiotics for the stone?

Ayman Darrag
2:23 am

Would you name the drugs used to treat the stone?
Antibiotics only are not enough to heal it..you must have had taken other drugs ..
Left abdominal pain with indigestion may indicate gastritis ,GERD or gastroenteritis ..
Is there any other symptom?
Or just pain!!
Abdominal USG can help to give us an indicator of what is going on in there..

Masr Fawzy
8:01 am

U need to do the following
Urine analysis.
X ray

8:40 am

antibiotics are not given for treatment of renal calculi.
urine alkalisers and anti spasmodics are given usually.
get a repeat usg done .
consult a urologist.
urine examination with culture sensitivity should be done.

Masr Fawzy
1:36 pm

Antibiotics can be given if stones are superimposed by infection.. it happens alot