Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to consider my question. I am 25, male, and currently take 1mg of ropinerole at night for restless leg syndrome. I was at the dentist today to get a root canal, and they gave me an epinephrine anesthetic, 16ug as I later found out. Shortly after the shot, I started shaking, twitching, and moving around uncontrollably, and my eyes started tearing up even though I was not feeling emotional. I felt very very extreme and almost had a panic attack sitting in the dentist chair. It took about an hour for these effects to subside. Needless to say, I never got my root canal, and they almost called an ambulance to come check me out. The dentist told me that 16ug of epinephrine is very small and that, at hospitals, they can give people as much as one gram to stop a heart attack. So why would such a small amount of adrenaline almost warrant a trip to the ER?
Home › Medical Questions › Dentistry › Dentist gave me epinephrine anesthetic I started shaking, twitching, and moving around uncontrollably?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I hit my head. No signs of concussion but still sensitive, please advise?
- I got a nasty blister on my foot and I swelled up?
- I was diagnosed with Type A influenza with bronchial thickening, is this anything to be worried about?
- I have a lump in my breast, is it cancer?
- Is it safe to take both Tylenol Acetaminophen and Aleve Naproxen at the same time?
- Pain in stomach when I eat, is it something serious?
- I have been diagnosed with clinical depression what are the best anti-depression medications?
- I have acne breakouts and head pain, is this caused by menopause?
- I am pregnant, is it twins and are my thyroid levels normal?
- I have a scaly rash on my chest, need a second opinion?
- I have a black toenail, what could cause it and what could be done?
- Woke up with chills and fever, is it due to flu shot?
- Can prednisone cause my vision to get blurred?
- Is this an ingrown hair or something more serious?
- Is it the same virus that causes sores inside and outside the mouth?
- Lab results show high total iron and % saturation, please advise?
- I have slowly lost my taste and smell, what has caused this?
- I tore my frenulum and started to bleed, do I need stitches?
- I am scared of getting a blood test, what should I do?
- I am suffering from hair loss but I’m only 19 years old, is that normal?
- I had a steroid injection, when will I feel improvement?
- Can a plan B contraception mess up your cycle?
- I have been losing weight lately without dieting, what can be the problem?
- I have been having body wide muscle twitching, is it ALS Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis?
- I had a UTI received antibiotic for severe kidney infection?
- My 12 year old girl isn’t feeling well?
- I have headaches that last between 1 to 2 days?
- Uncontrollable shaking of the body from the neck down?
- I have a spot on my face, can this be skin cancer?
- I’m trying to have a baby with my wife, here’s lab report?