I am a 25 year old female. About 6 months ago I was told I had pcosd. About 8 months ago I had my gallbladder removed and that’s the only surgery I’ve had. For the the past year every month I’ve been taking a ovulation pill to help me get pregnant. Other than that,that’s the only medicine I take daily. So Wednesday I woke up with this crazy pain in my right lower abdomen. I went to work and worked all day and the pain wasn’t seeming to get any better! I went to my doctor who believed it was my appendix and sent me to the er to have a ct scan,it came back fine. Said I had an ovarian cyst and to follow up with my obgyn. I did that the next day and she seemed to believe it wasn’t a obgyn problem and said it was a stomach issue. So she sent me to a stomach doctor who also believed it was my appendix considering I’m having all the signs and symptoms. My white blood count is high and my urine came back fine. So she sent me for another ct scan,this time they contrasted me! Anyway that scan came back fine. I went the next day for a follow up appointment with the stomach doctor and she said she doesn’t know what’s going on, she said she would rule it as something else but she said it isn’t explaining my my white blood count is high. So she wanted to put me on a antibiotic over the weekend and if it isn’t better by Monday she is gonna do surgery. I read on line that the appendix will rupture after three days and today is day 4 . The pain is still there and I’m still running a low grade fever but I feel no different than I did three days ago. So my question is, should I go through with the surgery? I don’t like the fact I’m gonna be operated on and not know what the problem is. Please give me some feed back to help me understand!
Home › Medical Questions › General › Doctor thinks my appendix needs surgery, should I go through the surgery?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have this tender “bubble” on my anus, is this something I should get checked out?
- Is it normal to have a death wish and to be consumed with the idea of death?
- Can Vitamin B12/D3deficiency or Homocystein imbalance cause lack of interest and poor concentration?
- When I have sex with my partner, I don’t have orgasms?
- I have a constant pain in my right groin area which radiates to my inner thigh?
- Low grade fever and high bp since January, swollen lymph nodes since march?
- My husband woke up with a two puncture wound, 2mm big, that looks like fang marks?
- I had unprotected sex and the next morning I had a couple vaginal sores?
- A hooker performed unprotected oral sex on me?
- I used Epsom salt in a foot bath a week ago to treat my ingrown toenail?
- I felt like vomiting, but I thought that it was because of the fatigue?
- Suffering from shortness of breath associated with high blood pressure?
- I have had an increasing level of pain. Localized on the back left side of my head?
- My toe has turned black, what is wrong?
- What happens when you lose sensation to have bowel movement?
- Feeling pain in her upper arm (left)
- Waking up at 1:00am with chills that last about an hour?
- I was wearing adult diapers to keep my bed dry?
- What is a good product to increase libido?
- What could be the cause of the heavy bleeding and clotting?
- I am leaking semen constantly all day and night and can’t stop?
- For the past 2 weeks I’ve had painful burning sensation?
- I have been diagnosed with Sjogrens, Raynauds and radiculopathy?
- I have this irritated sudden itch that lasts a second?
- I recently had a blister on my middle finger caused by what I thought was eczema?
- I noticed I had this small dark warts/bumps?
- Last week my whole body ached, fatigued, mild abdominal pain, 6-8 bowel movements a day and no appetite?
- Will my bone be affected by such an impact?
- I had a miscarriage on Jan. 2 2018?
- Could it be rectal prolapse?