I am a 25 year old female. About 6 months ago I was told I had pcosd. About 8 months ago I had my gallbladder removed and that’s the only surgery I’ve had. For the the past year every month I’ve been taking a ovulation pill to help me get pregnant. Other than that,that’s the only medicine I take daily. So Wednesday I woke up with this crazy pain in my right lower abdomen. I went to work and worked all day and the pain wasn’t seeming to get any better! I went to my doctor who believed it was my appendix and sent me to the er to have a ct scan,it came back fine. Said I had an ovarian cyst and to follow up with my obgyn. I did that the next day and she seemed to believe it wasn’t a obgyn problem and said it was a stomach issue. So she sent me to a stomach doctor who also believed it was my appendix considering I’m having all the signs and symptoms. My white blood count is high and my urine came back fine. So she sent me for another ct scan,this time they contrasted me! Anyway that scan came back fine. I went the next day for a follow up appointment with the stomach doctor and she said she doesn’t know what’s going on, she said she would rule it as something else but she said it isn’t explaining my my white blood count is high. So she wanted to put me on a antibiotic over the weekend and if it isn’t better by Monday she is gonna do surgery. I read on line that the appendix will rupture after three days and today is day 4 . The pain is still there and I’m still running a low grade fever but I feel no different than I did three days ago. So my question is, should I go through with the surgery? I don’t like the fact I’m gonna be operated on and not know what the problem is. Please give me some feed back to help me understand!
Home › Medical Questions › General › Doctor thinks my appendix needs surgery, should I go through the surgery?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I hit my head. No signs of concussion but still sensitive, please advise?
- I got a nasty blister on my foot and I swelled up?
- I was diagnosed with Type A influenza with bronchial thickening, is this anything to be worried about?
- I have a lump in my breast, is it cancer?
- Is it safe to take both Tylenol Acetaminophen and Aleve Naproxen at the same time?
- Pain in stomach when I eat, is it something serious?
- I have been diagnosed with clinical depression what are the best anti-depression medications?
- I have acne breakouts and head pain, is this caused by menopause?
- I am pregnant, is it twins and are my thyroid levels normal?
- I have a scaly rash on my chest, need a second opinion?
- I have a black toenail, what could cause it and what could be done?
- Woke up with chills and fever, is it due to flu shot?
- Can prednisone cause my vision to get blurred?
- Is this an ingrown hair or something more serious?
- Is it the same virus that causes sores inside and outside the mouth?
- Lab results show high total iron and % saturation, please advise?
- I have slowly lost my taste and smell, what has caused this?
- I tore my frenulum and started to bleed, do I need stitches?
- I am scared of getting a blood test, what should I do?
- I am suffering from hair loss but I’m only 19 years old, is that normal?
- I had a steroid injection, when will I feel improvement?
- Can a plan B contraception mess up your cycle?
- I have been losing weight lately without dieting, what can be the problem?
- I have been having body wide muscle twitching, is it ALS Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis?
- I had a UTI received antibiotic for severe kidney infection?
- My 12 year old girl isn’t feeling well?
- I have headaches that last between 1 to 2 days?
- Uncontrollable shaking of the body from the neck down?
- I have a spot on my face, can this be skin cancer?
- I’m trying to have a baby with my wife, here’s lab report?