I am under doctors care but I feel like I need a second opinion?

I am a 42 yr old female..this is my second clot in left leg and one in growing..I have one n my left thigh as we speak..the pain is crazy..I am under doctors care but I feel like I need a second opinion..the doctor that I was seeing when I got my first clot passed away..wish he was here..this is stopping me from working and my employer saying that they can’t hold my job..been out since 11/30/2106..what do I do? I am steering myself out about my health and job..a cry for help

Doctor Answers And General Comments : (both members and visitors can post)

3 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
3 Comment authors
Dr MahaveerDr. Ayman DarragDr Ahmed Fawzy Recent comment authors
Notify of
Dr Ahmed Fawzy
Dr Ahmed Fawzy

If you have no time to wait for blood thinners to work then you can ask your doctor to preform a Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis if this does not work then your only option will be surgical removal

Good Luck

Dr. Ayman Darrag
Dr. Ayman Darrag

Actually If I were your doctor, I would choose surgical treatment..then work on the main cause of your problem..for example lose extra weight drink plenty of water..take your blood thinners and any other cause your doctor believe from your history is causing it..

Dr Mahaveer
Dr Mahaveer

if the pain is acute and if the clot is big enough then catheter assisted thrombectomy followed by blood thinners would be a good option.
You can get a recent doppler study done to see the extent of the clot.