In 2009, I had surgery to remove a very large ovarian tumor (it was a rare cancer that grew big but did not spread, so I was left with one ovary). They made a vertical cut down my entire midline from just under the breastbone all the way down past the belly button. After I recovered, I felt fine, although my abdominal muscles stuck out some, of course. In 2010, I got pregnant and had constant nausea throughout (which at the time I attributed to the pregnancy). I had a C-section in 2011. After the C-section, I still had the constant, debilitating nausea and couldn’t function. It never went away. I had an upper endoscopy done, which showed evidence of GERD (I had wearing away of the esophagus). I tried all sorts of over-the-counter and prescription meds for reflux and nausea, but none helped. A couple years later, I had a laparoscopic Nissen surgery done (which wraps the stomach around the LES to prevent reflux). The surgeon said I had a small hernia, which he did not fix since he said it was very small. I had slight improvement after my reflux surgery, but not much. I still deal with constant nausea. I can barely eat, and I am unable to live life and go anywhere. I am housebound, and at times, bedridden. I am only 38 years old. Obviously my abdominal muscles were cut in half vertically during the tumor surgery of 2009. I suspect that the pregnancy made things worse. I still have some protrusion of my abdominal muscles, as my belly sticks out, as though I am pregnant (I’m not). I’ve tried to do rehab exercises for a possible diastasis recti, but this only causes more nausea. Is it possible that a small hernia and/or diastasis recti could cause this constant nausea? Is there anything else, anatomically, that could be out-of-whack? Could the stomach be pushed out and thus not be in the right position? Is there anything that can be done to fix my constant nausea? It’s not something I can live with. (My ovarian cancer is not the cause, since I’ve been tested, and it has not come back.) Please help!
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › I had ovarian cancer and reflux surgery I still deal with constant nausea. I can barely eat, and I am unable to live life and go anywhere?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I was recently in the hospital for a kidney infection?
- Back pain on off for couple of years. Gristle feeling along lumber spine?
- Suffering with a lump in throat feeling for 6 months, I thought I had throat cancer?
- I’ve had nausea/stomach cramps, fatigue and occasionally a low grade fever for 4 days?
- I have “tennis elbow” thinking of using Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)?
- Period is late but the two pregnancy tests I have taken have shown to be negative?
- My legs get very cold, much colder that in the past and only when I lie in bed?
- Blood on bathroom toilet seat, what can be the cause?
- Terrible pain in lower back had xray done, what can be done to improve my condition?
- I have this mole on my face left cheek that is growing?
- I noticed a pea sized lump in front of my left ear?
- I found a lump at the bottom of my back that is small, pink and brown around the edges?
- I have this rash, what is it?
- I have blood in my urine, is it cancer?
- Is Sildenafil safe to take with Isentress, Norvir and Reyataz?
- Ultrasound of my kidneys provides different results, please advise?
- Suffering from a terrible pain in lower back that lasts a second or two, please advise?
- I have been trying to have a baby for 10 years, please advise?
- I have a nickel sized lump that is very painful and itchy?
- Chronic pain and tingling sensation in both legs, please advise?
- My husband is forgetting things, is it alzheimer’s?
- I have bad swelling in my legs and feet, will my swelling be alleviated if a biventricular pacemaker is put in?
- I have a major acne problem, what should I do?
- I have a lump on my eyelid, what is it?
- I developed neuropathy in my feet, right foot primarily, burning, tingling, please advise?
- Can an xray and MRI miss a bone tumor?
- I’m 4 months postpartum with first baby and have joint pain?
- I have severe narcolepsy as well as CFIDS, need second opinion?
- Did a health test analysis should I worry about my results?
- I slipped and fell l broke my femur in three places?