In 2009, I had surgery to remove a very large ovarian tumor (it was a rare cancer that grew big but did not spread, so I was left with one ovary). They made a vertical cut down my entire midline from just under the breastbone all the way down past the belly button. After I recovered, I felt fine, although my abdominal muscles stuck out some, of course. In 2010, I got pregnant and had constant nausea throughout (which at the time I attributed to the pregnancy). I had a C-section in 2011. After the C-section, I still had the constant, debilitating nausea and couldn’t function. It never went away. I had an upper endoscopy done, which showed evidence of GERD (I had wearing away of the esophagus). I tried all sorts of over-the-counter and prescription meds for reflux and nausea, but none helped. A couple years later, I had a laparoscopic Nissen surgery done (which wraps the stomach around the LES to prevent reflux). The surgeon said I had a small hernia, which he did not fix since he said it was very small. I had slight improvement after my reflux surgery, but not much. I still deal with constant nausea. I can barely eat, and I am unable to live life and go anywhere. I am housebound, and at times, bedridden. I am only 38 years old. Obviously my abdominal muscles were cut in half vertically during the tumor surgery of 2009. I suspect that the pregnancy made things worse. I still have some protrusion of my abdominal muscles, as my belly sticks out, as though I am pregnant (I’m not). I’ve tried to do rehab exercises for a possible diastasis recti, but this only causes more nausea. Is it possible that a small hernia and/or diastasis recti could cause this constant nausea? Is there anything else, anatomically, that could be out-of-whack? Could the stomach be pushed out and thus not be in the right position? Is there anything that can be done to fix my constant nausea? It’s not something I can live with. (My ovarian cancer is not the cause, since I’ve been tested, and it has not come back.) Please help!
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › I had ovarian cancer and reflux surgery I still deal with constant nausea. I can barely eat, and I am unable to live life and go anywhere?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Can a corticosteroid shot to treat arthritis have side effects?
- I have a ankle fracture, do I need surgery?
- I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and vision in left eye, is it a brain tumor?
- Fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae, rods have fractured, will they need to be replaced?
- I have had elevated liver enzymes, is there a problem with my liver?
- I broke out in hives and itchy, swollen purple like skin, is this a consequence of my low blood test results?
- I have this sore on my neck on my hair line, is it skin cancer?
- Can a back injury cause kidney failure?
- I had a benign breast tumor removed, is it possible for the tumor to have returned?
- Can bruising on the chest be caused from a tubation on an anemic person after surgery?
- Thought I had a miscarriage, ultrasound showed that I didn’t, please advise?
- Considering my symptoms and tests, do I still have IGT (Impaired glucose tolerance)?
- This is an ultrasound of my baby’s spine. How does the spine look to you?
- I suffered a meniscal tear, can I start training again?
- My girl friend and I are blood relations, can we have children without risk?
- I had a flu shot, I’m not sure if the flu shot made me sicker?
- I have had a series of “boils” that started out as a pimple and got hard and painful, should I take some antibiotics?
- I have Atrial fibrillation ( AFib or AF), can a car accident have caused it?
- I just had a baby 4 months ago, is experiencing debilitating fatigue normal?
- I have had fever for 6 days and an enlarged lymph node on jaw?
- Experiencing painless bumps on penis, tests all negative, need second doctor opinion?
- During my period I get extremely lightheaded and feel as though I’m going to pass out?
- I think I have onychophagia, I thought I could stop this, please advise?
- Did I have a miscarriage or is it a normal period?
- I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago for endometriosis, have side effects please advise?
- I had an shoulder injury while playing football, what should I do next?
- I have been sick for the last 3 weeks, cold sore like blisters on eyelids?
- Do I really need to get a shot for Yellow Fever?
- My medication may be too high?
- I am urinating twice an hour, and feeling immense pressure to urinate?