In 2009, I had surgery to remove a very large ovarian tumor (it was a rare cancer that grew big but did not spread, so I was left with one ovary). They made a vertical cut down my entire midline from just under the breastbone all the way down past the belly button. After I recovered, I felt fine, although my abdominal muscles stuck out some, of course. In 2010, I got pregnant and had constant nausea throughout (which at the time I attributed to the pregnancy). I had a C-section in 2011. After the C-section, I still had the constant, debilitating nausea and couldn’t function. It never went away. I had an upper endoscopy done, which showed evidence of GERD (I had wearing away of the esophagus). I tried all sorts of over-the-counter and prescription meds for reflux and nausea, but none helped. A couple years later, I had a laparoscopic Nissen surgery done (which wraps the stomach around the LES to prevent reflux). The surgeon said I had a small hernia, which he did not fix since he said it was very small. I had slight improvement after my reflux surgery, but not much. I still deal with constant nausea. I can barely eat, and I am unable to live life and go anywhere. I am housebound, and at times, bedridden. I am only 38 years old. Obviously my abdominal muscles were cut in half vertically during the tumor surgery of 2009. I suspect that the pregnancy made things worse. I still have some protrusion of my abdominal muscles, as my belly sticks out, as though I am pregnant (I’m not). I’ve tried to do rehab exercises for a possible diastasis recti, but this only causes more nausea. Is it possible that a small hernia and/or diastasis recti could cause this constant nausea? Is there anything else, anatomically, that could be out-of-whack? Could the stomach be pushed out and thus not be in the right position? Is there anything that can be done to fix my constant nausea? It’s not something I can live with. (My ovarian cancer is not the cause, since I’ve been tested, and it has not come back.) Please help!
Home › Medical Questions › Gastroenterology › I had ovarian cancer and reflux surgery I still deal with constant nausea. I can barely eat, and I am unable to live life and go anywhere?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?
- I want a pill that will make me stay harder for longer?
- Can Botox be used to treat an Overactive bladder (OAB)?
- How can I get rid of edema without medications?
- Why do so many suicides fail before the age of 25?
- Husband and wife in terrible car crash – worst case scenario?
- My blood test results indicate Positive ANA, what does that result mean exactly?
- I have red spots on only my right lower gum line?
- How effective is Tarceva for cancer?
- Do I have a rash on my breast or are they glands of some kind?
- I’ve been experiencing a constant pain in/above my first set of top molars?
- I have had redness on the my right side of face?
- Can you suggest a homemade recipe for electrolyte replacement for bowel prep?
- I’ve been dealing with issues in my left foot for the past 3 weeks, with varying symptoms?