27, Female, Married with 3 children. (No major medical history beyond giving birth) Currently I take a medication called buprenorphine (generic subutex) and have taken it for 6 years. It is for opiate dependency maintenance. I am tapering off buprenorphine and have been for over 4 months. I am on the last month of tapering off, right now. I dont believe my issue is due to the buprenorphine at all. I am also taking clindamycin which has been in my system over 90 hours right now. My issue started about 8 days ago. I had terrible tooth and gum pain on the right side of my mouth with both upper and lower teeth. A couple days later the pain was in my front top two teeth.. The pain has been honestly horrible at times to where i feel like im going to pass out. 1 night i described it as possibly worse than child birth and as stated gave birth to 3 children naturally. About 5 days ago i slept with a heating pad on my face and woke up with a very swollen upper lip, mustache area, and nose.. I went to the ER that day because no dentists were open. They prescribed the clindamycin at 300mgs caps, 4 times a day. The swelling spread to my lower cheek/jaw area by the next day and has been swollen around both side of my lower cheek and jaw/ nose/ upper lip/and mustache line area for a few days now. I went to the dentist yesterday and they took xrays of my teeth but told me there were no abscessed teeth that they could see. They prescribed me an antibacterial oral mouth wash but i do not know what the problem is. I anticipated there to be an infection in my teeth somewhere and possible abscess but also anticipated the swelling and pain to go away at least by 3 days of being on the antibiotic. I dont know what to know nor what could be causing this pain and swelling. I read about it possibly being a sinus infection but i dont have any swelling around my eyes nor forehead. just my lower nose, upper lip, mustache line, and lower cheeks on each side accompanied by pain in my front top tooth. I did have a filling done in between both front teeth about 7/8 weeks ago followed by another filling done in the left bottom side of one of my molars about 1 month ago.. Other than a sinus infection i am worried about the cause of this pain and swelling. Ive read different things about thyroid issues and only bring them up because ive also read that buprenorphine can cause thyroid issues. Any help as to why i would have swelling and pain in so many different areas. I have so much to do because ofchristmas and i dont know if i should go back to the ER, dentist, or a MED express type place. Thanks for reading this.
Home › Medical Questions › Dentistry › I had terrible tooth and gum pain on the right side of my mouth with both upper and lower teeth? Dentist doesn’t see anything wrong?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Can a corticosteroid shot to treat arthritis have side effects?
- I have a ankle fracture, do I need surgery?
- I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and vision in left eye, is it a brain tumor?
- Fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae, rods have fractured, will they need to be replaced?
- I have had elevated liver enzymes, is there a problem with my liver?
- I broke out in hives and itchy, swollen purple like skin, is this a consequence of my low blood test results?
- I have this sore on my neck on my hair line, is it skin cancer?
- Can a back injury cause kidney failure?
- I had a benign breast tumor removed, is it possible for the tumor to have returned?
- Can bruising on the chest be caused from a tubation on an anemic person after surgery?
- Thought I had a miscarriage, ultrasound showed that I didn’t, please advise?
- Considering my symptoms and tests, do I still have IGT (Impaired glucose tolerance)?
- This is an ultrasound of my baby’s spine. How does the spine look to you?
- I suffered a meniscal tear, can I start training again?
- My girl friend and I are blood relations, can we have children without risk?
- I had a flu shot, I’m not sure if the flu shot made me sicker?
- I have had a series of “boils” that started out as a pimple and got hard and painful, should I take some antibiotics?
- I have Atrial fibrillation ( AFib or AF), can a car accident have caused it?
- I just had a baby 4 months ago, is experiencing debilitating fatigue normal?
- I have had fever for 6 days and an enlarged lymph node on jaw?
- Experiencing painless bumps on penis, tests all negative, need second doctor opinion?
- During my period I get extremely lightheaded and feel as though I’m going to pass out?
- I think I have onychophagia, I thought I could stop this, please advise?
- Did I have a miscarriage or is it a normal period?
- I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago for endometriosis, have side effects please advise?
- I had an shoulder injury while playing football, what should I do next?
- I have been sick for the last 3 weeks, cold sore like blisters on eyelids?
- Do I really need to get a shot for Yellow Fever?
- My medication may be too high?
- I am urinating twice an hour, and feeling immense pressure to urinate?