27, Female, Married with 3 children. (No major medical history beyond giving birth) Currently I take a medication called buprenorphine (generic subutex) and have taken it for 6 years. It is for opiate dependency maintenance. I am tapering off buprenorphine and have been for over 4 months. I am on the last month of tapering off, right now. I dont believe my issue is due to the buprenorphine at all. I am also taking clindamycin which has been in my system over 90 hours right now. My issue started about 8 days ago. I had terrible tooth and gum pain on the right side of my mouth with both upper and lower teeth. A couple days later the pain was in my front top two teeth.. The pain has been honestly horrible at times to where i feel like im going to pass out. 1 night i described it as possibly worse than child birth and as stated gave birth to 3 children naturally. About 5 days ago i slept with a heating pad on my face and woke up with a very swollen upper lip, mustache area, and nose.. I went to the ER that day because no dentists were open. They prescribed the clindamycin at 300mgs caps, 4 times a day. The swelling spread to my lower cheek/jaw area by the next day and has been swollen around both side of my lower cheek and jaw/ nose/ upper lip/and mustache line area for a few days now. I went to the dentist yesterday and they took xrays of my teeth but told me there were no abscessed teeth that they could see. They prescribed me an antibacterial oral mouth wash but i do not know what the problem is. I anticipated there to be an infection in my teeth somewhere and possible abscess but also anticipated the swelling and pain to go away at least by 3 days of being on the antibiotic. I dont know what to know nor what could be causing this pain and swelling. I read about it possibly being a sinus infection but i dont have any swelling around my eyes nor forehead. just my lower nose, upper lip, mustache line, and lower cheeks on each side accompanied by pain in my front top tooth. I did have a filling done in between both front teeth about 7/8 weeks ago followed by another filling done in the left bottom side of one of my molars about 1 month ago.. Other than a sinus infection i am worried about the cause of this pain and swelling. Ive read different things about thyroid issues and only bring them up because ive also read that buprenorphine can cause thyroid issues. Any help as to why i would have swelling and pain in so many different areas. I have so much to do because ofchristmas and i dont know if i should go back to the ER, dentist, or a MED express type place. Thanks for reading this.
Home › Medical Questions › Dentistry › I had terrible tooth and gum pain on the right side of my mouth with both upper and lower teeth? Dentist doesn’t see anything wrong?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I was recently in the hospital for a kidney infection?
- Back pain on off for couple of years. Gristle feeling along lumber spine?
- Suffering with a lump in throat feeling for 6 months, I thought I had throat cancer?
- I’ve had nausea/stomach cramps, fatigue and occasionally a low grade fever for 4 days?
- I have “tennis elbow” thinking of using Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)?
- Period is late but the two pregnancy tests I have taken have shown to be negative?
- My legs get very cold, much colder that in the past and only when I lie in bed?
- Blood on bathroom toilet seat, what can be the cause?
- Terrible pain in lower back had xray done, what can be done to improve my condition?
- I have this mole on my face left cheek that is growing?
- I noticed a pea sized lump in front of my left ear?
- I found a lump at the bottom of my back that is small, pink and brown around the edges?
- I have this rash, what is it?
- I have blood in my urine, is it cancer?
- Is Sildenafil safe to take with Isentress, Norvir and Reyataz?
- Ultrasound of my kidneys provides different results, please advise?
- Suffering from a terrible pain in lower back that lasts a second or two, please advise?
- I have been trying to have a baby for 10 years, please advise?
- I have a nickel sized lump that is very painful and itchy?
- Chronic pain and tingling sensation in both legs, please advise?
- My husband is forgetting things, is it alzheimer’s?
- I have bad swelling in my legs and feet, will my swelling be alleviated if a biventricular pacemaker is put in?
- I have a major acne problem, what should I do?
- I have a lump on my eyelid, what is it?
- I developed neuropathy in my feet, right foot primarily, burning, tingling, please advise?
- Can an xray and MRI miss a bone tumor?
- I’m 4 months postpartum with first baby and have joint pain?
- I have severe narcolepsy as well as CFIDS, need second opinion?
- Did a health test analysis should I worry about my results?
- I slipped and fell l broke my femur in three places?