I just have a question..I lost a loved one who was shot in the head twice when the police got to him they said that his foot was still on the break and the police were able to put the car in park. He was “coherent” when they found him, but said he was unable to speak. They did a Cat scan and it showed no activity at all. He was transported to another hospital and also they did a cat scan where also it showed no brain activity at all. They said he was brain dead but his organs were still working I am so confused on the part where they said he was coherent and also on the part where they said his organs were still working but his is brain dead and they declared him dead although his heart was pumping and lungs were working. I am not doubting the Dr’s I am just having a hard time understanding how someone is called…brain death. ? They did unplug him off of machine and he only had 1% oxygen so they hurried and connected him back to machine. We had to make a decision to take him off…:( bc they said that his body would have shut down on it’s own. That the only thing keeping him stable was meds and the vent. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully able to give me some info to make me understand better.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I lost a loved one who was shot in the head twice, brain dead but organs working?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a pinkish cyst?
- I’m having some concern about some white spots/bumps on my genitals?
- i have hyperthyroidism and i want to take clenbuterol?
- I am in very serious pain in my right hip thru my right calf!
- In September 2000 I had a wrist fusion done?
- MRI brain 65y/o woman with lifelong history of narcolepsy with concomitant ADD who developed CFIDS/ME?
- I have had some shoulder and neck pain that has got a bit better?
- I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs and was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Should I check with a doctor to see if the mould has affected me?
- I have had this mark on my toe for several months now?
- I awake from my sleep to have swollen cheeks and lips?
- I am having tightness, cramps, dull and achy throbbing pain in my legs?
- I have had anxiety for over 6 years?
- Does this look like a bat bite?
- I have been taking tramadol for pain in my shoulder, knee and for a large toe joint replacement?
- What is treatment for very hard itch diagnose as herpes 2
- Did I have an early miscarriage?
- I’ve got candida, seemingly yeast infection in urinary tract?
- For spider bites. when they bite. do they just draw blood, or are they also injecting venom?
- I am planning for an hGH treatment with the goal to repair the various healthy tissue, and build up the appearance of the skin?
- My face is pale almost white compared to my tanned body?
- Six months ago my new GP put me on the anticoagulant Rivaroxaban?
- I started spotting on August 1st 4 days before my period?
- Can you explain this report of CT SCAN of part of the brain?
- I have low blood readings of red blood cells?
- Can I give my 4 year old daughter Children’s Allegra Allergy fexofenadine?
- I’ve noticed my hair thinning at the center of the top of my scalp?
- Mouth culture test report?
- One of my tonsils is swollen i have some kind of white patches on the side of my tongue?
- Effect of Isopropyl alcohol in gastrointestinal tract?