I just have a question..I lost a loved one who was shot in the head twice when the police got to him they said that his foot was still on the break and the police were able to put the car in park. He was “coherent” when they found him, but said he was unable to speak. They did a Cat scan and it showed no activity at all. He was transported to another hospital and also they did a cat scan where also it showed no brain activity at all. They said he was brain dead but his organs were still working I am so confused on the part where they said he was coherent and also on the part where they said his organs were still working but his is brain dead and they declared him dead although his heart was pumping and lungs were working. I am not doubting the Dr’s I am just having a hard time understanding how someone is called…brain death. ? They did unplug him off of machine and he only had 1% oxygen so they hurried and connected him back to machine. We had to make a decision to take him off…:( bc they said that his body would have shut down on it’s own. That the only thing keeping him stable was meds and the vent. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully able to give me some info to make me understand better.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I lost a loved one who was shot in the head twice, brain dead but organs working?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I feel my left arm muscle twitching, please advise?
- I suffer from groin pain and slight burning sensation when urinating?
- I’m currently having near-blackout episodes, please advise?
- My blood result monocytes are high. Can anyone explain to me what might cause that?
- I had smoke inhalation, do I need to be concerned?
- My husband is having breathing problems, seems confused and is sleepy, taking OxyContin what is the problem?
- I believe my thyroid is enlarged, please advise?
- Fever of 100, migraines, can I take care of this at home?
- I feel my heart pounding with a little dizziness, am I having a heart attack or a heart problem?
- I hit my head. No signs of concussion but still sensitive, please advise?
- I got a nasty blister on my foot and I swelled up?
- I was diagnosed with Type A influenza with bronchial thickening, is this anything to be worried about?
- I have a lump in my breast, is it cancer?
- Is it safe to take both Tylenol Acetaminophen and Aleve Naproxen at the same time?
- Pain in stomach when I eat, is it something serious?
- I have been diagnosed with clinical depression what are the best anti-depression medications?
- I have acne breakouts and head pain, is this caused by menopause?
- I am pregnant, is it twins and are my thyroid levels normal?
- I have a scaly rash on my chest, need a second opinion?
- I have a black toenail, what could cause it and what could be done?
- Woke up with chills and fever, is it due to flu shot?
- Can prednisone cause my vision to get blurred?
- Is this an ingrown hair or something more serious?
- Is it the same virus that causes sores inside and outside the mouth?
- Lab results show high total iron and % saturation, please advise?
- I have slowly lost my taste and smell, what has caused this?
- I tore my frenulum and started to bleed, do I need stitches?
- I am scared of getting a blood test, what should I do?
- I am suffering from hair loss but I’m only 19 years old, is that normal?
- I had a steroid injection, when will I feel improvement?