I just have a question..I lost a loved one who was shot in the head twice when the police got to him they said that his foot was still on the break and the police were able to put the car in park. He was “coherent” when they found him, but said he was unable to speak. They did a Cat scan and it showed no activity at all. He was transported to another hospital and also they did a cat scan where also it showed no brain activity at all. They said he was brain dead but his organs were still working I am so confused on the part where they said he was coherent and also on the part where they said his organs were still working but his is brain dead and they declared him dead although his heart was pumping and lungs were working. I am not doubting the Dr’s I am just having a hard time understanding how someone is called…brain death. ? They did unplug him off of machine and he only had 1% oxygen so they hurried and connected him back to machine. We had to make a decision to take him off…:( bc they said that his body would have shut down on it’s own. That the only thing keeping him stable was meds and the vent. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully able to give me some info to make me understand better.
Home › Medical Questions › General › I lost a loved one who was shot in the head twice, brain dead but organs working?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I contracted chlamydia towards the end of February. I was tested positive then “negative” to a positive?
- Is this an erupted cold sore or a pimple?
- I have sinus. Infections a lot and allergies. Had two sinus surgeries?
- Will percocet and hydrocodone show up on a 5 panel test?
- I have a line that has formed on my forehead due to wearing a tight wave cap?
- I am preparing to have bariatric surgery?
- Is there an alternative drug/medication for nerve pain and depression for my father that aren’t addictive?
- I have white spots with pus on my arm?
- I have had headaches for the past 2 days?
- Would lower back surgery allow me to have normal activities?
- I’ve had chronic diarrhea for two years since I had hip replacement?
- Every time I pass a stool I have a sharp knife – like pain on the right side of my anus?
- Is this red rash ringworm or dermatitis?
- My wife is an amputee and has had phantom pain for four days now?
- Will clonazepam show a positive drug screen on the DOT drug screen?
- Over a 24 hour period I took at least 4 paracetemal every 4 hours?
- Can Ellaone morning after pill (MAP) cause future period’s to be irregular?
- I have noticed a small lump on the left side of my testicle?
- I have a growth on the glans of my penis?
- I have frozen hands, spine pain and shoulder pain?
- I experience anxiety, I want to start meditation?
- Medical Marijuana: Can cannabis help my Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- My husband is paraplegic and has developed a pressure sore on the left buttock that goes to the bone?
- I have diagnosed eustachian tube dysfunction with tinnitus?
- I’ve been diagnosed with trichomoniasis?
- I have these glitch feeling in my head in the temporal lobe?
- I have shooting pain when bending or moving?
- Can Budd Chiari be caused by a birth defect?
- Can medical marijuana help with ovarian cysts?
- Symptoms started 2 years ago after doing anabolic steroids?