male adult age 42, bipolar, sudden partial vision loss,after seeing something explained as 2 shooting stars one day in his eye and next day a terrible headache thirteenth day had grayish rainbow arch like line in his vision. after seeing eye doc was informed he had a stroke that effected his eye(right retinal artery branch occlusion) and now has permanent eye damage, followed up with family doc, did blood work and had ultra sound of heart and carotid arteries followed up with neurologist. who informed him he had some minor narrowing in arteries and they do not feel he had a stroke and order more test and was told not to worry put him on aspirin and cholesterol med cause that was little high. also has unexplained facial dropping on one side that comes and goes. mri and cat scan order only get tests in about two weeks. After going and getting test results from doctors find out that they suspect occlusion of right internal carotid artery , elevated velocities constint with 50 -69% stenosis in left internal carotid artery and 10 -49%stenosis of external carotid arteries bilaterally. also is to follow up with neuro in 4 weeks. Is it just me or is this neurologist doc dropping the ball. Should he go see another .
Home › Medical Questions › General › Neurologist says minor narrowing in arteries, or is it a stroke, need second opinion?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- Rashes are spreading throughout my body, is it ringworm?
- Can a corticosteroid shot to treat arthritis have side effects?
- I have a ankle fracture, do I need surgery?
- I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and vision in left eye, is it a brain tumor?
- Fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae, rods have fractured, will they need to be replaced?
- I have had elevated liver enzymes, is there a problem with my liver?
- I broke out in hives and itchy, swollen purple like skin, is this a consequence of my low blood test results?
- I have this sore on my neck on my hair line, is it skin cancer?
- Can a back injury cause kidney failure?
- I had a benign breast tumor removed, is it possible for the tumor to have returned?
- Can bruising on the chest be caused from a tubation on an anemic person after surgery?
- Thought I had a miscarriage, ultrasound showed that I didn’t, please advise?
- Considering my symptoms and tests, do I still have IGT (Impaired glucose tolerance)?
- This is an ultrasound of my baby’s spine. How does the spine look to you?
- I suffered a meniscal tear, can I start training again?
- My girl friend and I are blood relations, can we have children without risk?
- I had a flu shot, I’m not sure if the flu shot made me sicker?
- I have had a series of “boils” that started out as a pimple and got hard and painful, should I take some antibiotics?
- I have Atrial fibrillation ( AFib or AF), can a car accident have caused it?
- I just had a baby 4 months ago, is experiencing debilitating fatigue normal?
- I have had fever for 6 days and an enlarged lymph node on jaw?
- Experiencing painless bumps on penis, tests all negative, need second doctor opinion?
- During my period I get extremely lightheaded and feel as though I’m going to pass out?
- I think I have onychophagia, I thought I could stop this, please advise?
- Did I have a miscarriage or is it a normal period?
- I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago for endometriosis, have side effects please advise?
- I had an shoulder injury while playing football, what should I do next?
- I have been sick for the last 3 weeks, cold sore like blisters on eyelids?
- Do I really need to get a shot for Yellow Fever?
- My medication may be too high?