I am a male and aged 20 and a few weeks ago I went to the doctors with shooting pains in my testicles and groin area. The doctor diagnosed me with Epididymitis and prescribed me with a course of doxycycline for 7 days. However I felt like I was having side effects such as feeling sick, dizzyness and small chest pains. I returned to the doctors today and without even checking me over he prescribed me with Ciprofloxacin. However after looking online I am starting to fear I have cancer. Not only do my testicle symptoms suggest cancer, but pain in the stomach and upper chest apparently signify that the cancer has spread. Should I be worried about cancer or is the pain in my chest a result of side effects of doxycycline. The pain seems to happen after eating and drinking, however sometimes comes on randomly.
Home › Medical Questions › General › The doctor diagnosed me with Epididymitis and prescribed me with a course of doxycycline for 7 days?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- My pregnancy is 24 weeks now, is unconjugated estriol normal?
- Skin rash or is this spot skin cancer?
- I am positive carrier for the Kell antigen, can I donate or receive blood?
- I have inflammation of my meso rectal fat, what does that mean?
- I had electrocautery to remove genital warts, should my partner do the same?
- I have a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates and I think possibly a nasal polyp, what can be done?
- I received a pneumonia, flu, tetanus vaccine, is my reaction normal?
- I have a cyst on testicle, should I get it removed surgically?
- I feel a pressure on the cartilage in my throat, any ideas what it can be?
- I have chronic sinus, is there something that can be done?
- I have unusual weight gain problems, what is the cause?
- I have Urticaria ( hives on the skin), could this be Cushing syndrome?
- I have severe anemia, what can I do?
- I had a liver transplant, how can I remove stretchmarks on my back and stomach?
- I had a vasectomy now have blood in my semen (seminal fluid), will it stop?
- I am extremely tired, suffer from chronic diarrhea, stiff joints, please advise?
- I have a boil on my skin, how can I treat it?
- I had a vaginal hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, now bleeding?
- I’m having a problem with my sinuses, major headaches and nose bleeds?
- My daughter has migraines since she was 2 years old, now getting worse?
- I have ED issues and experience pain during orgasm?
- My son broke his tibia and fibula, is it safe to manually manipulate the fragment in place by hand?
- I had unprotected oral sex, do I have symptoms of HIV or STDs?
- Feel discomfort in arm after accident with plates and screws installed surgically.
- I am worried I have throat / tonsil cancer, is this cancer or anything to be concerned about?
- I broke the bottom part of my ankle bone, how can I make it heal?
- Intestinal virus seems to act up again, I was sick again, please advise?
- Doctor said I might have light asthma, or is it Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
- How often can I take Lantus?
- I did a home dipstick urinalysis test, should I be worried about the results?