I am a 24 year old female college student, I am a bit over weight but losing. I have no serious physical health problems, no diabetes or anything. I do sometimes get lower back pain, right shoulder pain and other aches and pains in my legs and have broken a few of my fingers in different ways from being clumsy. The past two weeks my right hand and foot have been numb. I can still feel hot and cold, but they have a strange tingling feeling that feels like when your foot falls asleep. I tried to do some stretching, and since I thought it was a pinched nerve I was doing some stretches to relieve that. This has only made it worse, it has turned from feeling just numb and uncomfortable to feeling tight and painful. Over my ribs on the same side (right) feels really tight, so combined with my leg and shoulder/arm, it feels like I can’t move and it’s painful to do anything. It’s only progressively gotten worse since it started. I’m not sure what I should do to get help with this problem, should I call my doctor, go to a chiropractor, or go to the emergency room?
Home › Medical Questions › General › My right hand and foot have been numb I can’t move and it’s painful?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have this itchy patch of skin on my leg, what is it?
- I have stage 4 cancer and having vision problems?
- How much are the chances for me to get cervical cancer ?
- It started 4 days ago with the headache, slight heartache, and slight kidney ache?
- My mother suffers from Polimyalgia Rheumatica, Osteoporosis, Hypertension and a heart murmur?
- My father has been diagnosed with colon cancer, is surgery the only option?
- I have mostly on the right side pelvic pain though sometimes I feel it on the left?
- After the colonoscopy, I was assured that although it needs to be done again, they couldn’t see anything?
- When can a Clearview HIV test be done and how fast are results obtained?
- My niece has a lump that has started one week ago?
- I have had an infection in my finger for About 8 days?
- Suspicious lumps and bumps, genital warts?
- I am 45 and in perimenopause. I no longer have regular periods?
- I started with a late period. I also started to have nausea, minor headaches, and fatigue
- I was recently told by my Dr that my anemia is a level 9 and put on a iron supplement?
- I have a twitch in my left thumb-it occasionally moves on it own?
- I’ve just been prescribed Ramipril for high blood pressure?
- I have been having lower left pelvic pain that radiates to my groin, down my upper front thigh, hip and to lower back?
- I had substantial pain and bruising and what felt like a hard lump under the skin?
- When I urinate not much comes out and it burns a lot?
- I had some episodes of pressure behind my eyes, sudden tiredness followed by eye twitching and twitching on right side of face?
- I have a sharp and throbbing pain on the right side of my left toenail?
- I am unsure what my cycle is like when I’m not on the pill, but I am on day 33 with no period?
- My feet turn bluish (once dark purple) when sitting and back to normal when walking?
- Is Citalopram causing these problems?
- Doctors want to push postpartum depression pills again?
- I am suffering from dyspepsia and pain under my belly button?
- I have had frequent bowel movements?
- I have a tight feeling in my chest and short of breath?
- I have been tested at the two week mark and was negative for all STI’s but I have a red lump on my neck?