Hi, several months ago, my lower left leg (shin area) began to hurt. Like a soreness, didn’t feel like the muscle, it felt like bone pain. I am a 43 year old female, 5’6 235pounds. I went to the doctor, who said I had mild pitting edema, but ordered an xray. My doctor, not the radiologist, viewed the xray and said it looked good, he didn’t see a fracture or anything but the outer part of my tibia was a little thicker than he is used to seeing, but said wait for radiologist report. The Xray came back normal. He then ordered an mri. He called and it was normal, and showed mild dermal edema. He said all he wanted me to do was try to exercise and take ibuprofen as needed. That seemed to help, but it is back. I want to believe the xray and mri would have showed something if it were of bigger concern. Just confused & worried. Thank you.
Home › Medical Questions › General › Several months ago, my lower left leg (shin area) began to hurt?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?
- I’ve been having trouble swallowing the last couple of months?
- My shirt touched the bathroom stall, could this result in me getting anything?
- I got food stuck in my esophagus and spent several hours in severe pain?
- I have a rash in the corner of my mouth?
- I had femoral epiphysis surgery 45 years, experienced pain in my left knee after workouts?
- I am a 40 yr old female have pain in breast and I believe in chest?
- Is there a relation between uti & any em zines being elevated ?
- Could a nodule make my thyroid levels appear normal?
- I am a 33 years old male who has experienced left knee pain since the age of 17?
- I was diagnosed with pcos after an untreated pelvic inflammation?
- Why does my syphilis test have a point value of .4 -.6?
- Can i give blood while on pain prescription medication without the blood recipient getting defective genes?
- May have tonsils and my gastroenterologist thought I had ulcerative colitis, need second opinion?
- 6 month old began bilateral rhythmic repetitive leg thrusting?
- I have been battling a sinus / strep throat infection for a month?
- I opened my eyes I had severe double vision?