Hi, several months ago, my lower left leg (shin area) began to hurt. Like a soreness, didn’t feel like the muscle, it felt like bone pain. I am a 43 year old female, 5’6 235pounds. I went to the doctor, who said I had mild pitting edema, but ordered an xray. My doctor, not the radiologist, viewed the xray and said it looked good, he didn’t see a fracture or anything but the outer part of my tibia was a little thicker than he is used to seeing, but said wait for radiologist report. The Xray came back normal. He then ordered an mri. He called and it was normal, and showed mild dermal edema. He said all he wanted me to do was try to exercise and take ibuprofen as needed. That seemed to help, but it is back. I want to believe the xray and mri would have showed something if it were of bigger concern. Just confused & worried. Thank you.
Home › Medical Questions › General › Several months ago, my lower left leg (shin area) began to hurt?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have skin rashes for almost half a year?
- I have a sore by my testicle area?
- There is a white lump just above/ beside my urethra?
- I have been having leg cramps that feels like charlie horses?
- My GP told me that I have very low blood pressure and anemia?
- Need dental work done?
- Pressure inside my head almost like something might burst?
- I need your opinion on A1C?
- I had a knee operation 13 months ago?
- I am detoxing from alcohol?
- Pain is now going up my leg?
- I might have caused myself an injury to my neck?
- A nurse practitioner decided to change my antidepressants?
- I am having trouble with nausea and light headedness?
- Will the pessery be a problem?
- My husband occasionally wakes up with his face a little puffy?
- I am extremely weak and I am losing pounds almost by the day?
- Is it possible for compression damage to a femoral nerve to cause complete loss of knee flexion?
- I have constant constipation?
- I’ve been struggling with a weird stomach condition for two years?
- I have a small skin rush on the arm?
- I had a low risk encounter?
- I’ve been on bed rest for about a month with an intractable migraine?
- I have been on my menstrual cycle now for 3wks?
- I’m concerned about ED?
- I noticed my big toe nail was all bruised looking 6 weeks ago and it doesn’t look to be growing out?
- I’m trying to find out if this is a case of Herpes?
- I want a pill that will make me stay harder for longer?
- Can Botox be used to treat an Overactive bladder (OAB)?
- How can I get rid of edema without medications?