Hi, several months ago, my lower left leg (shin area) began to hurt. Like a soreness, didn’t feel like the muscle, it felt like bone pain. I am a 43 year old female, 5’6 235pounds. I went to the doctor, who said I had mild pitting edema, but ordered an xray. My doctor, not the radiologist, viewed the xray and said it looked good, he didn’t see a fracture or anything but the outer part of my tibia was a little thicker than he is used to seeing, but said wait for radiologist report. The Xray came back normal. He then ordered an mri. He called and it was normal, and showed mild dermal edema. He said all he wanted me to do was try to exercise and take ibuprofen as needed. That seemed to help, but it is back. I want to believe the xray and mri would have showed something if it were of bigger concern. Just confused & worried. Thank you.
Home › Medical Questions › General › Several months ago, my lower left leg (shin area) began to hurt?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates and I think possibly a nasal polyp, what can be done?
- I received a pneumonia, flu, tetanus vaccine, is my reaction normal?
- I have a cyst on testicle, should I get it removed surgically?
- I feel a pressure on the cartilage in my throat, any ideas what it can be?
- I have chronic sinus, is there something that can be done?
- I have unusual weight gain problems, what is the cause?
- I have Urticaria ( hives on the skin), could this be Cushing syndrome?
- I have severe anemia, what can I do?
- I had a liver transplant, how can I remove stretchmarks on my back and stomach?
- I had a vasectomy now have blood in my semen (seminal fluid), will it stop?
- I am extremely tired, suffer from chronic diarrhea, stiff joints, please advise?
- I have a boil on my skin, how can I treat it?
- I had a vaginal hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, now bleeding?
- I’m having a problem with my sinuses, major headaches and nose bleeds?
- My daughter has migraines since she was 2 years old, now getting worse?
- I have ED issues and experience pain during orgasm?
- My son broke his tibia and fibula, is it safe to manually manipulate the fragment in place by hand?
- I had unprotected oral sex, do I have symptoms of HIV or STDs?
- Feel discomfort in arm after accident with plates and screws installed surgically.
- I am worried I have throat / tonsil cancer, is this cancer or anything to be concerned about?
- I broke the bottom part of my ankle bone, how can I make it heal?
- Intestinal virus seems to act up again, I was sick again, please advise?
- Doctor said I might have light asthma, or is it Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
- How often can I take Lantus?
- I did a home dipstick urinalysis test, should I be worried about the results?
- I suffer from pain in upper left side of the mandibular, what is causing this?
- I was sick to my stomach, is it something serious?
- Failed In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF), does HSG confirm tubal disconnection?
- CT scan & diagnosed with diverticulitis, is it safe to have colonoscopy
- Mononucleosis Test shows EBNA antibodies, is it mono or some other infection?