I am 33 years old female. To start, for the past week and a half I have had a pre-existing vein injury. I was given an IV incorrectly in the ER which gave me superficial thrombophlebitis. My hand and forearm on the right side were affected. I was almost healed when today I smashed my right thumb by accident. After smashing it the pad of my right thumb turned purple and my hand begin to tingle, traveling up my right forearm. I immediately ran it under warm water and elevated above heart level like instructed when I first got the vein injury. I am concerned that since I had a pre-existing vein injury that smashing my thumb could have caused complications in my nerves. I do have some swelling in the whole right hand again now, mostly In the thumb. But the tingling is traveling through my whole hand and forearm. I was looking for insight as to whether or not I should continue to care for it as I did when I first got the vein injury by applying heat and keeping it elevated or if I should see my doctor as soon as possible. I have attached photos
Home › Medical Questions › General › I was given an IV incorrectly in the ER which gave me superficial thrombophlebitis?
Board Certified Doctors
Available To Answer
Your Question Now
Cardiologists - Dermatologists - Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists - Gastroenterologists - Gynecologists/Obstetricians - Neurologists - Oncologists - Orthopedic surgeons - Pediatricians - Psychiatrists - Pulmonologists - Urologists
Recent Medical Questions
- I have a growth in throat what can this be?
- I have a lump on the side of my thumb?
- Is this strep throat or pharyngitis?
- Does it make sense depleting immune system with active infection and no antibiotic?
- Is this what herpes feels like?
- I have this spot on my forehead, what is it?
- I had yeast, UTI and severe itch. Was tested but no STI?
- I believe I have ringworm. I have a red circular patch?
- Can a supplement be dangerous and cause Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- My son has a medical history of hydronephrosis in the kidney?
- I’ve had this spot on my tongue for about a year?
- I have the flu and bronchitis to go with or some type of lung infection?
- What can cause anal warts if STD test negative?
- Should I be worried about hiv ?
- Can shingles affect the gastro intestinal tract?
- I have had an extreme pain in my groin, that the doctors have not been able to figure out?
- My result blood test came back and showed high monocytes?
- I accidentally took a dose of omeprazole?
- I noticed I have high blood pressure, is this due to Abilify?
- What could I do in order not to go so many times to the restroom?
- I have strange small painless bumps on my penis head?
- I am experiencing pain in shoulder, should I use glucosamine?
- I have struggled with intermittent pain for years now?
- I need to take travel sickness tablets?
- Scheduled for root canal tomorrow wondering if should cancel after drug use?
- I inserted an implanon on 26 October 2017 and am still bleeding?
- I’m experiencing a strange feeling in my head and throughout my body?
- My Husband has decompensated liver disease, what is the prognosis?
- I was recently diagnosed with the H. Pylori stomach virus?
- I have had uterine ablation approximately 10 years ago, is hysterectomy recommended?